Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 20 Ultra BLURRY photos Pro Mode.

(Topic created on: 13-09-2021 10:24 AM)
Mattthelegend2020
Navigator
Options
Camera quality is degrading after each software update it seems.  Keeping the camera steady in Pro Mode and the photographs aren't sharp enough and tried both manual and auto mode.  Would like to know you're thoughts and if it's because it's the Exynos variant which mine is.  

11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options

@Mattthelegend2020: I always find that it's really difficult to get clear photos in low light conditions without a tripod, and the focus point can really make a difference. The last image seems to be the best quality, though. Can you describe what mode you were in, and any adjustments you made to make it clearer than the others? 

Mattthelegend2020
Navigator
Options
I used Pro Mode in Auto and used Manual focus on each photo. Do other brands including Huawei produce similar results in Pro Mode and night mode or the same? Thanks 😊
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
Hi Matt. If it's possible, can you please visit the same location and take a photo using Night mode ? Once you're in Night mode, tap on the Auto timer that's at the bottom right corner of the screen, then choose Max. You will see the timer increase to about 28 seconds. Do this while the phone is on a tripod or leaned against something stable.
Post the result on here, I'm very curious and interested in how it will turn out. 👍🏻

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
Mattthelegend2020
Navigator
Options
Thanks for your help and advice and I'll definitely do that.
dfinnan
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue on the Note 20 ultra and my wife has the same issue on the S21. I got an update then my camera is terrible. Maybe Samsung wants us to buy a phone soon? Did you get any solutions to this? 

Frankie T
First Poster
Options

Clearing the camera app's data and cache in the System -> App section plus resetting the camera settings in the Camera app itself helped me get my Note20 Ultra's unsavoury blurry mode back to normal clear n crisp mode thankfully. Hope it works out for yous!

0 Likes
bomgarato
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G suddenly could not focus both for video and photos. I only dropped it 2x since January 2021 and it was from 1m. Forget about resetting the software or upgrading the camera software. My guess is this is a camera hardware problem. Samsung did not build a robust design to make the camera withstand falls.  I give the phone a knock and viola the camera springs to focus. 

0 Likes
bomgarato
First Poster
Options

I just tried Frankie T's suggestion. That is Go to Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear data, Clear cache.
And it seems to work.

0 Likes
bomgarato
First Poster
Options

Sorry. Frankie T's suggestion did not work for me. Software settings do not work. This seems to be a hardware problem.  No software update will fix it.  The solution is really a knock on the phone and the camera mechanism will spring to focus. I hope Samsung will build more robust phones next time especially high end models.

0 Likes