Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

note 20 ultra battery issues

(Topic created on: 24/08/20 21:10)
dojodanfrost
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Having terrible battery drain when the phone is not even in use and no background apps. My note 10 plus never had this issue. Last night I went to bed with 26 percent at 10 pm and at 6am this morning the phone was dead 

527 REPLIES 527
supremefox94
Observer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I had a similar issue however after fully draining the battery and charging the phone over the time I've used it, the battery seemed to have improved a bit, don't know if it will help you but mine improved, its not the best battery but it now at least lasts me a full day of charge.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

It is not the screen it is the screen protector which is plastic

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

yeah. On the italian community there is one of the users who has dust under camera so he asked for a replacement. He has still not discovered how awful is the battery and the guys at samsung phone call told him that they will replace the faulty phone but they will be able to ship it after 14 days from now.

That is just what they need not to make him able to return his device when it is swapped and he finds out about the battery issues.

The other option he asked for was the return but they told him that the money will be given back to him after 1 month from now and as far as i understood he cannot be without the phone and the money for it at the same time so he accepted the device swap....

I hope he gets a very well binned 990 otherwise...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Yeah many rewiers are wicked if that is what i want to say without making a translation error.

Only very few do their job Anandtech is one of those but they take 1 month to deep dive in the rewiew which is a masterpiece more than a rewiew. As far as i have seen about the rewiews no one complained about the battery so far, the only ones were those of the italian tech blog DDAY who run a standardised battery test and highlighted that battery lasts as the 2800mah of tje pixel 4 in their tests.

No one else said anything

ads46
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Mines been shocking as well. I'm really debating returning it if it continues...

0 Likes
kradcliffe
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

OK, after receiving the phone last week I have been monitoring the battery life and it's not acceptable. I am someone who has had many Android phones since the Galaxy S just for a bit of background. 

I have optimized the device to get the most out of it, but still it is losing power far quicker than it should. For example booted up at 7.30am today and throughout the day it seemed to use just under 7 percent per hour. Light use with the screen on a dim setting. When I finished work at 4.30pm it was at 39 percent after 9 hours with just under 3 hours screen on time. I have hardly used it since then and 3.5 hours later it is at 22 percent with 3 hours 15 SOT. Had I used it like I did during the day it would be dead by now. You can literally look at the percentage dropping when you use it, honestly. 4 hours screen on time is just ridiculous given it's not even on a bright setting. I have also not part charged the battery, it's always been run down to under 20 percent before recharging.

In contrast, my Huawei P30 Pro which I foolishly sold would have been round the 50% mark and generally lasted 2 days. My wife took her P30 Pro off charge first thing this morning and it still has 81 percent as she's not that heavy a user.

I don't know why I'm even posting here as nobody from Samsung even replies, but there's no way it should have been released in this state. Add to that the dull display and poor signal and it's not a very good phone at all, especially for £1179. How Samsung could market this promoting it's battery life is beyond me.

Only thing to do is return them and maybe they'll get the message.

ads46
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I'm tempted to return and I really don't usually do so...I feel like the battery life has been oversold. 

I upgraded on the upgrade programme and still have my note 10 plus atm as they haven't sent the pack to send it back yet. So I could send back and have a perfectly usable phone to use til I decide to buy something else. 

I hate the idea that I feel the need to return something I was looking forward to so much. But I'm worried about been stuck with something that's not worth the money and not being happy with it. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@tanvir302 

Your Google Play Services % is way too high.

It shouldn't be above around 2%'ish.

This is google apps and google chrome etc syncing etc too often. If suggest to Google Search about this type of battery drain due to Google Play Services.

Personally i disable all that's connected to Google apart from maps and use Samsung Internet app instead.

Try looking at that to begin with.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
supremefox94
Observer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I've been telling people the same thing, don't get me wrong the battery is not the greatest and it defo started out bad however as you mentioned in your post it does get better over time and people are not giving it a chance and just complaining straight away, so I appreciate this post, I haven't played games on it yet tho so don't know how thag will effect the battery, and who knows maybe they will bring an update out that improves how the battery is handled or improved.
Jasonseery
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
@Archer_legend I will never get a samsung again, I didnt even send my phone back, they samsung support are nothing short of useless people, I had to tell them things that they could not answer 🤣 they gave me all the wrong information and then didn't even send me the info they said they would, its awful to think Samsung still get sales, I'm honestly thinking about moving to IPhone, far superior cameras and battery life from all the people that I know actually use the phone a lot and I've compared pictures and my s10 looks like they put filters on to try fix a bad camera, all the reviews have definitely not told the truth, samsung obviously know there is issues with the device but still let sales go ahead