Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

note 20 ultra battery issues

(Topic created on: 24/08/20 16:03)
dojodanfrost
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Having terrible battery drain when the phone is not even in use and no background apps. My note 10 plus never had this issue. Last night I went to bed with 26 percent at 10 pm and at 6am this morning the phone was dead 

527 REPLIES 527
davehorne
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I'm in the process of sending my Ultra back because of scratches on the end pieces.

I also noticed in the very short time I used it, that the battery drains very quickly.  I was using the default screen setting.

I'm considerably less enthusiastic than I was.  

0 Likes
JerryS
Overseer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I installed the Aug 1st upgrade and did a factory reset and things seem a lot better since. Also set at 60Hz refresh. Easily lasted a day with moderate use although turned it off overnight and still on 41%. Gonna do some tests to see if and how much the 120Hz adaptive refresh makes things worse.
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@davehorne 

You may find the scratched end pieces are actually plastic in-transit straps that need removing.

In regards to the battery it'll take a few days up to approx a week of usage before the brand new battery optimises. 

Can you go into Device Care and Battery and screenshot what's using your battery and upload it here.

A person has 28 days in tne UK to be abke to return the phone if bought from Samsung UK.

A person needs to check their own countries cooling off period.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Nadiatyne
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hello :smiling-face: I am in the UK and have the exact same issue with the data! I am using the same sim card that I had in my Note 10 plus, I am in the same area and nothing has changed. In my note 20 ultra nothing seem to load properly, my Youtube premium fails to buff for ages, pictures don't load on Facebook and also internet searches time out. However I don't have this issue when I am connected to WIFI. The note 20 ultra shows I have signal and 4g but still nothing, I don't have 5g in my area so I turned that option off in the settings in the hope it might help, but nope it didn't make a difference, so you definitely aren't alone! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
davehorne
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

You are correct.  I looked at the phone again, this time with a magnifying glass.

The plastic was difficult to remove, but the phone is fine.

My apologies to everyone ... and to Samsung.

There also appears to be a plastic screen cover that I assume could also be removed ... ?

0 Likes
GingerRenegade
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I know a hand full of people had issues with the battery in this device regardless of being snapdragon or exynos. I do have the snapdragon variant 512gb mystic black. I got my device delivered on the 19th so I've had almost a week to play with this. The battery definitely started out horrendous and unbearable. But from the past I know the first couple of days are the worst with downloading and updating everything as well as playing with your pretty new toy.

So now that I've had this phone for 5 days its slowly balancing out. Day 3 I decided not to use the phone from 10am to 10pm. At most I did 10 texts and played pokemon go for couple of minutes to get my daily catch in. Very minimal use and still dropped from. 100% to about 20% by just idling with everything closed in background. Thats terrible. The other days I've had to charge mid way through and that sucks as I've never had to do that before with any android or note phone. 

Anyway today is a bit different. I've been unplugged since 5:45am and its now 9:18 at the time of writing this and I'm at 85% and I been using spotify since 7am with my galaxy buds as I'm at work right now in a steel building which can cause the radio signals to go crazy and drain your battery worse. 

I do have 120hz adaptive active and my brightness is halfway with auto off. So its taking some time to balance itself out but the battery most definitely has shown and improvement this morning. I will update later tonight with how it is 

BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I look forward to hearing your update @GingerRenegade 

My journey starts tonight with my Exynos version from Samsung UK.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

ads46
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Also on exynos. Battery has been terrible for me. 😔

Left the house for work 3 hours ago and not touched my phone at all til now...it was on 100%  its now at 76 having done nothing on it at all!

Not impressed so far unfortunately.

0 Likes
Steveal24
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hello,

I have been having a lot of issues with my Brand new Samsung Note 20 Ultra battery. the battery won't hold a charge that long and against the Samsung claim that a full charge will run you thought the day easily.. the truth it won't. I am not a heavy user, a usually light user with light social media and picture user, that's been said.. I start using my phone around 8 am yesterday for an example and it almost died at the gym around 4 pm. checked few emails, social media, took 3 pictures and used a light workout app, it was on charged twice during that time, listen to music...when I got home at 4 it had 8% ... I had the battery at the lower setting to save battery life. I am thinking of returning the phone, to be honest.

ads46
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I'm in the same boat as you...I'm seriously considering a return, which I don't usually do.

To put in to perspective....today is probably the best battery performance I've had since Wednesday when I got it. Today it was fully charged at 12 when I went to work and is at 48 percent now (6 hours 40 later) All this being with honestly about an hours screen on time at best. All I've gone was check twitter, reply to a few texts and looked through these forums. The rest of the time its been in my pocket doing nothing.