Did you mean: 

Original topic:

note 20 ultra battery issues

(Topic created on: 23-08-2020 06:38 PM)
dojodanfrost
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Having terrible battery drain when the phone is not even in use and no background apps. My note 10 plus never had this issue. Last night I went to bed with 26 percent at 10 pm and at 6am this morning the phone was dead 

527 REPLIES 527
GingerRenegade
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I to have the snapdragon and the battery is HORRENDOUS....  Just yesterday from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. with extremely light use of like 10 text messages and 2 minutes of pokemon go just for my daily streak. Battery went from 100% to 20% with it sitting on my desk face down.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I see Google Play Services is using a good chunk.

When this happened to me on my N10+ 5G this turned out to be from Google Chrome.

After disabling Google Chrome and using Samsung Internet this soon settled down and battery improved.

If you don't use Google Chrome then perhaps Google search how Google Play Services affects battery @tanvir302 

This is my battery stats on the N10+ 5G which shows Google Play services as a low usage.

Screenshot_20200823-162158_Device care.jpg

Current Phone >Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone > Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860.

0 Likes
tanvir302
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Thanks for your suggestion. I have never had any issue with my note 10+ and I have never used Samsung Internet as its very slow. The battery usage screenshot is an example of the current apps. Two days ago, samsung account was the biggest culprit followed by amazon shopping app.

I have disabled most of the apps just to see if it will make an impact in terms of performance but so far no luck.

I will return the handset as this is a biggest disappointment after note 7 battery issues from Samsung.
Shnookerdookies
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
same here worst battery ever im sending this back i think
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Can you guys go into Device Care and tap on the battery stats to show what's using your battery and upload a screenshot here.

Current Phone >Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone > Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860.

0 Likes
rattie34
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I've gone back to my note 10+ 5g
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
all these posts about another new samungs being pi$$ poor, im done with them when my contract is up, and their customer service is worse, send them back and get a refund
0 Likes
Jeremy100
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
battery drain is caused by an radios that are on like WiFi, Bluetooth, data etc. try turning these off when not in use...Lower your screen brightness to about quarter...
0 Likes
StargazerUK
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi @BandOfBrothers 

The battery life has somewhat improved a little bit after the update but still no where near close to note 10+ battery levels and still not getting pass a full day. I saw your mention of screen refresh rates I got mine set to WQHD so it's sitting at 60hz (same as my note 10+).

I seen some say depending on what they do is as to how the battery life will last and that is very true. Some will do gaming alot and that will kill the battery quicker (well I would not recommend the UK variant for gaming as it can throttle to much). Just daily usage without gaming you possibly will get a full day. Some might just want a high end smart phone but just text and take selfies and that will last alot longer (I would saw wrong phone for just text and selfies but what ever floats your boat).

As it still stands I still have to charge it up at the end of the night and my note 10+ I use to get into the next evening.

I might sound contradictory here but I like the Note 20 ultra (- the heat and battery life). I like the screen improvements and I can actually see it in the sun on a bright day now. I like the camera improvements and the Wireless Dex. There are improvements to like but could of been better if they had used the Snap Dragon SOC instead of the Exynos SOC.

The 990 was know to have issues in the S series and why people were not happy with the Exynos being behind the SD counterpart past versions like in the note 10 did not have as much issues as the 990 and usually Samsung launched the note with an updated variant and I would of preferred if they delayed and launched with the 992 if they were never going to change but I see people more taking notice and hopefully Samsung will end the Exynos use in the future.

Do I recommend this phone. It depends if you do alot of gaming then the answer would be no. If you do everyday stuff then maybe but it can depending on what your doing and battery life if battery life is really important I can't really say this phone is for you. 

kradcliffe
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

My Note 8 only has a 3300mah battery and it's still lasting longer.

Apart from the battery life I'm unimpressed with the display. It's not as bright or colourful as the Note 8 and it really should be reading some of the reviews. Maybe like the processors Samsung are using different displays in different variants. One review said the phone reached nearly 700 nits in normal use and my one is nowhere near that.

I'll wait a week to see if any of this gets fixed in updates or it's getting returned. No point spending £1179 on a phone that is only better in the camera department vs the one I have already.

0 Likes