Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 20 ultra - Auto focus issue - anyone else?

(Topic created on: 22/10/20 07:55)
KaranMalhotra
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Check these images, since I have the phone, i have been testing the camera and its very clear that there is still an issue with focus !

Any one else who has observed this similar issue?

As you can see in my images, these were short on normal 3:4 ratio and in very good natural light.

26 REPLIES 26
Patrick0007
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
than you need to wait
CraigW
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I'm also having issues with focusing when taking close up shots

Rinny
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I'm facing the same issue. Paying so much and having such issues is disappointing.

Pissedatnote
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Came here looking to see if it was just my phone. I have same problem, auto focus is really poor. Regret upgrading as last phone camera was far superior to this. I will attempt updates but not holding much hope. Has Samsung addressed or even commented about this? Pretty pissed off as expensive flagship. I wanted to go with Sony but decided to stay loyal to Samsung but in a world of buyers remorse. 😡
SAE85
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
My Note 20 Ultra does exactly the same thing! Thought it was just me.
Tried using manual zoom instead of the 2x, 3x and 4x presets... still doesn't focus.
Lense protector on it, but it doesn't cover any of the lenses or sensor.
I'm fed up with paying so much money for Samsung phones and having to put up with niggles that Samsung say don't exist.

My partner's Note 10 camera works far better than this does.

Tried Samsung themselves, but they say take it into a Support Centre or request doorstep support.
Has anyone else had a different response?
SAE85
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
My Note 20 Ultra does exactly the same thing! Thought it was just me.
Tried using manual zoom instead of the 2x, 3x and 4x presets... still doesn't focus.
Lense protector on it, but it doesn't cover any of the lenses or sensor.
I'm fed up with paying so much money for Samsung phones and having to put up with niggles that Samsung say don't exist.

My partner's Note 10 camera works far better than this does.

Tried Samsung themselves, but they say take it into a Support Centre or request doorstep support.
Has anyone else had a different response?
HarrisBabu
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Seriously! Can't even take pictures of any documents, every page blurs out on the edges. Paid $1500 and using my iphone 7 and galaxy 8 for pictures. The camera is a shame... Sorry samsung!

Sharhan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Me too having the same issues with my Note 20 Ultra. Especially while taking pictures in Applications such as Whatsapp etc.. Need to switch front cam then to switch rear, after only it will focus.Hope there will be a solution soon...

VisualCanvas
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I think you if you take pictures between 1.1x to 4.9x zoom, it uses digital zoom; Try taking it exactly at 5x zoom; I think it might be a flaw of the Note 20 ultra as that's how it must be have been designed

0 Likes
SAE85
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
@VisualCanvas that's the problem I'm talking about. Anything less than 5x zoom is just grainy and blurry. Really poor, wish I hadn't upgraded.