Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 20 Ultra 5G Normal Battery Drain?

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 08:40 PM)
Members_3NiOCYJ
First Poster
Options

Hello,

So I'm having a nightmare with my new Note 20 Ultra and the battery life...

Purchased on the 12th March, I noticed straight away that battery drain was very high compared to my old Note 10+, as I only got a maximum of 5hrs screen time from a full charge. I called up Samsung Technical Support who sent an Engineer out and confirmed that the motherboard was faulty and so replaced it, as well as fitted a brand new battery.

Sadly, the issue still seems to remain and so below is a screenshot from AccuBattery following the last 7-days of use:

Screenshot_20210402-122806_AccuBattery.jpg

I have battery saver mode on, reduce the screen rate down to 60Hz and only use lightly, i.e. music, WhatsApp and so no intensive usage such as Games etc. Does this level of battery drain look normal to the Community, as I think ~20% is very high for "light screen on use"?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I would like to try this app and see for myself. Would be good to know a bit more about my battery life but I can't help exactly as I've got the S21 Ultra and skipped the S20 gen. Mine was a colossal nightmare at the beginning with battery but after a hard reset and many tweaks it's reasonably good I think.
0 Likes
ghosty
Voyager
Options
This is mine if it helps, but I'm quite a light user..

SmartSelect_20210402-152321_AccuBattery_14374.jpg

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
How long and often do you listen to music while the screen is off? Depending on your usage, this can offset any screen on time considerably. For instance, with no background music played my usual full cycle on my S21 Ultra is around 11h+ SoT. If I played music for say 10h while screen is off, by the end of the charge cycle, I'd get maybe 6 to 7h SoT (and ofcourse this varies on app usage).
0 Likes