Did you mean: 

Original topic:

note 20 restarting issues

(Topic created on: 24/11/20 17:23)
stevo1805
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Hi 
I have the note 20 ultra 5g and keep having problems with the phone re-starting when left for more than 15-20mins. Its becoming a real pain as it stops all notifications coming through. 
Anyone else encountered this and know what could be causing it? 
I have only downloaded the apps that were on my last phone S9+ which all worked fine on that phone. 
 I've done all the problem fixes from Samsung and the phone has been sent off and checked and returned with no apparent problems?? 

Please help any ideas?? 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

What “problem fixes ” have you tried so far ?

I've heard of issues when a person uses a back up from a previous phone via Samsung Cloud or people who have used Smartswitch having issues.

If this was my phone I'd put it in Safe Mode and then see what happens.

Clearing the phone's system cache files by turning the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's system files and clear the cache files can help. No information is lost this way. 

Personally I use Samsung Cloud but install my apps from my library in the Playstore.

Some factory reset and try the phone out without using their back up to see what happens.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look @stevo1805 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.0/ Android 11.

0 Likes
stevo1805
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Many thanks for your reply!

I have tried safe mode and the phone doesn't re-start itself. so I cleared all my apps I downloaded so only the phones apps remained then started to add apps back on. and the problem started again. I tried uploading and deleting apps and re uploading and I could not locate which app was causing a problem it seems to be several apps that it would do it on. which is no good as they are apps like WhatsApp, banking apps, weather app etc which is what I use my phone for a lot.
I have tried the soft reset didn't work
I have tried a factory reset didn't work

I started with the smart switch when I first bought the phone but since then and from the factory reset I set up the phone from scratch and just downloaded from the playstore.
the phone was sent off to a service centre and they ran diagnostics on it but said they found nothing wrong with it.

but something is definitely wrong. I do believe it is something to with apps but I don't know what and if I can't get the apps I need and I've used not really worth having lol.

thanks for you help @BandOfBrothers
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

My pleasure @stevo1805 

Have you tried clearing the phone's system cache files which I touched upon in my earlier reply.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.0/ Android 11.

Frederickdawg
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

you need to be using safe mode for at least a 24 hour period. 

my Sm-N985F rebooted at random intervals  by itself. I was patient and put it in safe mode and after around 16 hours it also rebooted.  it was a dud.

Yas1320
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Thanks for the advice.  I'll try it out, the last time I had it on safe mode for about 10 hours, it didn't reboot, so will try it for longer.

0 Likes
Yas1320
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I have the same issue too.  The only thing I haven't done is the factory reset.  I think it's an easy get-out clause for Samsung saying it's a third party app causing the issue.  All the apps on your s9+ and on my s10 were the same and now installed on the note 20 ultra.  So it is clearly an issue with the note 20 ultra. 

The thing with my phone was that it was fine until the last software update last month.

Can't believe Samsung are not looking into the issue.

Falcao
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I have the same issue. Did someone got it solved? any advice?

Yas1320
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
my issue was a corrupted sd card.
0 Likes