Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 20 apps crashing

(Topic created on: 19-11-2022 04:27 PM)
keara
Journeyman
Options

i have a note 20 and since yesterday most of my apps arent opening at all or they do then crash and I get this come up 

I dont know what to do I'm close to just chucking the phone out the window, I've cleared the cache on the apps I've done soft reset nothing works. Please help 

Screenshot_20221119_162104_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Greenmum1
Pioneer
Options
Have you checked for updates? I couldn't get into the members App up until yesterday and finally got the October security patch on my note 20 ultra
0 Likes
keara
Journeyman
Options
I done an update on my phone yesterday that was available but made no difference, I can't get on to my members app
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @keara ,

as per the message displayed there is an issue with the Outlook app. Have you checked if there are any pending updates available for this particular app on the Google Play Store> Use the search box located at the top to type the name of the app> If available update this. 

Can we also ask if you have downloaded any new apps on the phone since that happens?

keara
Journeyman
Options
No I checked for updates for all the apps Outlook isn't the only one it's happening to, easier to say the only ones working are wats app Facebook Internet.

No new apps downloaded for a while.
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Try updating the app though the Google Play store, Google are now issuing a alert to say that the app you are trying crashed and to update the app as a precaution as the app maybe carring a bug.
keith30
Maestro
Options
Google have just started this alert warning ⚠️ in the last week or so.
Greenmum1
Pioneer
Options
I got a notification come through saying something like it needed to update my provider settings so I did the update and suddenly I could get into it, have you tried connecting to smartswitch on your computer or laptop? That updated as well yesterday when I connected to it but I backed up my phone before doing the security update
Greenmum1
Pioneer
Options
I should also add that the smartswitch app on my computer alerted me to the fact that the security update was available
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @keara. In this case, I would recommend clearing the cache and data for each app where you have encountered this error message:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

I expect that this will resolve the error(s), so please update the thread and let us know whether doing this helps.