Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Problems with note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 24-09-2020 04:47 AM)
Members_zbp0WPm
First Poster
Options

Hello, recently since the new update of the software of my samsung note 20 ultra. I been having some network connection issues for example I loose the signal in my house and it shows the not signal symbol. Also my phone kind of lags by just surfing through facebook and that. I don't know if the new software is the problem or the hardware.

Thank you for your time

55 REPLIES 55
DiamondD
Student
Options

Hello I kinda know what this problem is because I had to switch phones from a OnePlus 7 Pro to the Note 20 Ultra hoping my problem would be fixed and I've had this problem for the past 6 months. Since both of the Phones uses the One UI im seeing the problem with both phones so it has to be the software, I have T-mobile and I'm in a good coverage area and the T-mobile engineer's have tried everything and the last thing is the software update to the One UI that samsung adopted into its family not knowing that flaw.

0 Likes
DiamondD
Student
Options

I'm in Denver, CO. USA and my data only works with Wi-Fi if I'm out nothing works, no Google maps, pandora or web searches. I've been from 2g-5g networks and none work I've also have had the OnePlus 7 Pro and had the same issue I have a Note 20 Ultra now hoping they problem would be fixed but since both phones uses the One UI I having the same issues. My wife's LG V60 doesn't have my issues and uses a different software also. It sucks to subscribe to tidal or Amazon and pandora and not be able to use them im wasting my money if that's the case.

0 Likes
monadi
Journeyman
Options

Someone suggested a solution from a another thread, and I think that it's working so far. He lives in Kuwait like me.
Go to settings >> Connections >> Mobile Networks >> Access Point Names - Then touch and press the 3 dots on the top right side and select "RESET TO DEFAULT" then choose "YES".

So far this is working for me, but I feel as if the internet connection is not as fast although "5G" is displayed.... Anyway try it and please post your thoughts. 

0 Likes
Nkeesy76
First Poster
Options

Verizon note 2o plus issues after the last update last week. Signal is horrible, no issues before the last update. Have tried all kinds of troubleshooting with Verizon, 4 days later I still have the issue. Sometimes I cannot send a text message. I also notice my signal bars go all the way down to 1X for my sign strength. 

0 Likes
GP0712
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I upgraded from Note8 to Note20 Ultra 5G and the mobile network signal on my new phone is a disaster. Old was 4G+, new is only H. My mobile network is 3 Ireland. I did a video about speed simultaneously with a Galaxy S7.

0 Likes
Kefir81
First Poster
Options

I honestly believe it's the most recent software updates that occurred within the last 30 days.  I've been experiencing data connectivity issues with my carrier.  An android notification displays for me sign in to network.  After clicking the 3 dots providing options:  "Do not use this network" or "Use this network as it" neither correct the issue.  The phone carrier wasn't able to resolve it.  I contacted Samsung via chat support and the agent recommended that go to a repair center after I asked if it was possible to revert back to the previous software.  So, I'll be going there 10.19.2020.  Hope they'll resolve the issue.    

0 Likes
Robbo9
First Poster
Options
Hi. I'm in County Cork, Ireland, on the 3 network. Had the same problem on my Note 20 Ultra. No mobile data for up to an hour at a time. My Note 10 Plus had no problem. I went into settings then : Mobile Network, then : Network Mode My phone was on
5G/LTE/3G/2G. I changed this to
LTE/3G/2G. This cured my problem. Works exactly like my Note 10 Plus now!
0 Likes
Antonio_Bahat
First Poster
Options

Hi.. I use Note 20 Ultra 5G in Croatia (we have max 4G network) and have same problems from beggining.. Allready two months.. I send phone on service, and they return me with info that everything is ok with the phone..

Any advice ???

0 Likes
Jussi1
Journeyman
Options

Similar issues with Note20 Ultra bought in Sweden. Network disconnects constantly, cannot receive some calls, sometimes making a call will give a network error... Really annoying having to spend hours trying to solve these issues on a brand new and such an expensive device!

Hau
First Poster
Options

This happens to me sometimes also. I am living in Singapore. The connection problem solved after I restart my phone but it is quite annoying because I have to restart my phone everytime this problem occurs.