Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Problems with note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 26-09-2020 07:59 AM)
Members_zbp0WPm
First Poster
Options

Hello, recently since the new update of the software of my samsung note 20 ultra. I been having some network connection issues for example I loose the signal in my house and it shows the not signal symbol. Also my phone kind of lags by just surfing through facebook and that. I don't know if the new software is the problem or the hardware.

Thank you for your time

55 REPLIES 55
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_zbp0WPm 

Which update did you complete please ?

Can you as a first step clear the system cache files on your phone. Turn the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's system files and clear the cache. No info is lost this way.

If that does not help then as a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone and another sim card in your phone to help rule out the sim card. 

Also is this happening everywhere you go or in one place ? Please check any available network mast checkers your mobile network provides.

Try also choosing another network in the phone's connection settings and then re choose yours yo help refresh the network connection and or go into your phone and reset the network connections under General Management.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

monadi
Journeyman
Options

Hello, guys.... Any update on this issue? I've been having this annoying issue for 3 days now. 

It did not start with the last system update like the OP said. This is caused or triggered by something else.

Here's a summary:

- This happens when you're on 5G connectivity ONLY.

- I have the Exynos variant.

- I live in Kuwait, and it's obvious that this issue is not related to a specific carrier in a specific country.

- I don't think that this is a SIM card issue.

- I've reset the network settings, and it's still occurring.

- It's accelerating now. It happens a lot like once every 30 mins or so.

Help? What is going on and why? Anyone else having this problem?

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

So if you go into Settings and Connections and choose 4G/ Lte instead of 5G the issue stops @monadi  ?

I can't replicate this issue as I can't get 5G on the tariff I'm on with my Uk Network and as such I choose the 4G option anyway to stop the phone searching for 5G.

Perhaps send a bug report to Samsung via the Members App.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
monadi
Journeyman
Options

Yes exactly. If you choose 4G connectivity this issue is gone.

I read a few other reports on the internet regarding the exact same issue. It seems that it started last Thursday only to be exact.

I'm 90% sure that it's related to an Android system app update.

I'm checking a few things, and if I find a solution - I'll let you guys know.

In the mean time, if more people are experiencing this, please mention it here.

AHeshmat
Student
Options

I have the same problem and I'm in Kuwait also using 5G

0 Likes
monadi
Journeyman
Options

When did this issue start with you? A few days ago like it did with me? Is it affecting 5G connectivity only? 

Are you on Oreedoo carrier like me?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Hamdino
First Poster
Options

i have same issue ,i'm also living in kuwait

did u find any solution bro

0 Likes
monadi
Journeyman
Options

No, not yet. However I discovered that this issue does not happen in all areas of Kuwait.

Example: In some areas/neighborhoods it never happens - but the 5G connectivity would be slow.

In areas where 5G is fast, it does indeed happen... But not as frequent as other areas.

This is very bad, I know. It's definitely related to the 5G network bands. I'm sure that my carrier "Oreedoo" changed something in their network settings that is not sitting well with the phone.

Don't know what to do. If you guys discover anything else, please let us know.

0 Likes
iMagic
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem with the S20 Ultra 5G and the Note 20 Ultra 5G. As soon as the device is on the 5G network and does a speed test, then there are data problems or complete loss of reception. My network provider "Sunrise" in Switzerland has said they are working with Samsung to solve this problem. There is a 5G problem with all Samsung S20 series with 5G. Problem is with the chipset. Of course Samsung doesn't want to know anything, otherwise they are under time pressure.