Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Experiences with Galaxy Note 20 5G with Disabilities

(Topic created on: 26-07-2022 01:39 PM)
NoteUltraFan
Pathfinder
Options

A month ago on June 20th, I received a gently used Galaxy Note 20 5G as a gift.  I am a longtime Motorola and Samsung fan and used Motorola for 11 years, with a Galaxy Note 3 on wifi before I was gifted my Note 20. My Note 3 was originally my brother's replacement phone until I repaired his original Note 3. He gave the Note 3 to my mother who used it for 3 years before giving it to me and she upgraded to a new Samsung. For 4 years,  I used it on wifi before my best friend gave me her extra Note 20. I have multiple disabilities including Autism and ADHD and my Note 20v helps me with them. I'm stylus dependent due to poor dexterity in my hands and the S-Pen meets all my stylus needs. I can convert handwriting to text,  write out my to-do and shopping lists,  use my Note 20 as a planner, notebook, coloring book,  and sketchbook all in one place. I keep track of my finances on it, it has a great camera, which I also enjoy photography but don't like carrying a DSLR. I love keeping track of my crocheting patterns on it, and because creativity is one of my many therapies, it's allowing me to help with my emotional challenges from Autism, ADHD, and non-military PTSD. My family and I have been dealing with alot of loss this year so being able to journal on it and express my feelings and make it where only I see it, helps. I also have short term memory loss due to me disabilities,  so my Note 20 is my external memory.  When I'm sitting thru  social events, including meetings, weddings and funerals,  I color and draw on my Galaxy Notes with the S-pen because it helps me sit thru the event and not be anxious because I cannot sit still due to my severe ADHD. My family and teachers have made it a reasonable accommodation to use my Galaxy Notes for my lessons and to use the creative stuff like PenUp and Samsung Notes during those social events to help me get thru them.  I don't play games during certain Sveta,  just writing, drawing and creativity.  I used 2021 Moto G Stylus 5G before Note 20 and while I do love Motorola,  I personally love the Galaxy Note 20 even more. I even do the split screen for my calculator app and shopping list when shopping and during my Master Gardener meetings and classes, I use the split screen to use Penup in one screen and Samsung Notes in the other.  I use Penup for self stimulation when I get anxious, as well as a few paint by number apps. I use some of the air gestures to accommodate me, and mostly use the one where you can use your S-pen to take photos.  I did that alot when I used my Note 20 to photograph a major Master Gardener event. I Adlai use it to skip tracks on Spotify and swipe thru photos. Galaxy Note 20 is most accommodating and I do not see the need for the latest and greatest phone with S-Pen to meet all my needs when Note 20 does it all for me. Thanks for making this wonderful Galaxy,  Samsung! I plan on using it for several years.  

7 REPLIES 7
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @NoteUltraFan   Thanks for your take on the Galaxy Note 20, glad you are impressed with it and that it meets your needs. positive that it ***** creativity  and helps you find a way  to deal with  particular issues.   Sorry it has been a difficult time, true though that a number have faced challenges but we need the tools to assist us and improve situations.

Customers all have different requirements with Devices and Samsung have a variety of products available .  Not everyone will need to upgrade in the near future though.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

NoteUltraFan
Pathfinder
Options

Hello, James4578

Thanks for the kind words. My Galaxy Note 20 really has made a difference in my life. I'm very happy to have it.  And,  by the way,  my mother has the same phone as you do in silver. She loves her S21U5G! She got me into Samsung when she got a Note 3 and I waited 3 years to have hers when she was done with it. I haven't met a single person that didn't like their Note 3. It was a well loved phone of its time and I still use it in 2022, along with my Note 20. I hope my post can inspire others!

0 Likes
NoteUltraFan
Pathfinder
Options

Not sure where to post this,  but I will also add that I'm also a professional blogger that writes about Autism,  ADHD, Nintendo,  Playstation, Motorola, and will soon start writing about Samsung. I'm writing a in-depth review about Galaxy Note 20 5G and how it helps me with my disabilities.  Still writing the rough draft in Samsung Notes. I also am trying to become a social media influencer on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, but haven't had much luck with followers just yet.  I specialize with Motorola and Samsung, and particularly ones with styluses. I have 5 phones with styluses, 2 Galaxy Notes, 2 Moto G Stylus 5G's (2021 and 2022) and Moto Z4 (and 10 Moto Mods that i use with it) which takes a Surface Pen. People think I'm crazy to carry 5 phones,  but I am definitely crazy enough to. But those are the ones in my phone arsenal. The phone I primarily Tweet about is my Galaxy Note 20 5G. I just can't quit talking about it! I have 2 career goals and my dream is to one day write for Motorola and Samsung. Both are my special interests and I like comparing Galaxy Note and Moto G Stylus. I can't afford to buy phones so I use what's given to me graciously.  I want to write various comparison reviews in both blogs and social media but have no idea as to where to start to be an influencer.  Within a few days,  my Galaxy Note 20 became my favorite phone! 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's fantastic @NoteUltraFan   👍👌

I've owned two of the Samsung Note²⁰ Note phone's and found them to be exemplary.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
NoteUltraFan
Pathfinder
Options

How did you like them and what are you using, currently? The S Pen is really awesome on them

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I liked both the Exynos and Snapdragon. 👍

I imported the Snapdragon version from Hong Kong into the UK and use the sPen quite regularly.

I now use the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black Exynos SoC @NoteUltraFan  

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
NoteUltraFan
Pathfinder
Options

I have used mine for a year and still really like it, but would love to eventually add S23 Ultra to my collection.  I have seen a difference in my emotional wellbeing since getting a phone with s pen because of the accessibility it provides

0 Likes