Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOT Service.

(Topic created on: 30-07-2021 11:31 AM)
Josh041096
Explorer
Options
Hi all, If anybody is with the EE network, I don't know if you knew this, But you can book an annual MOT service for your phone, I brought my Note 20 Ultra 5G last August when it first came out and EE contacted me a year into my contract to book an MOT service which includes them checking your phone over, I know know this is doable through your phone, However a handy service if your unsure on how to check your phones wellbeing on your own. And to put the cherry on the cake they also give it a nice polish down as well for you.
6 REPLIES 6
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I am with EE myself Josh041096 and have my phone insurance with them and genuinely did not know about this MOT service?. Thank you for this information. I don't want to sound like an advertising vessel for EE but give credit where it is due they were brilliant with me when my S21 Ultra needed a new battery and screen and display recently. They were so friendly and knowledgeable on the phone and my phone was back with me and fully repaired within a week of them sending a courier out to me to pick the phone up. The courier came less than 24 hours after me first contacting EE with my problem. I also got both a printed and PDF repair report when I got my phone back. All very impressive. 👍👍
Josh041096
Explorer
Options
Your more than welcome, If you have the EE app you can book your MOT service through there, They usually contact you about it when you've been in your contract for a year. EE for me have been brilliant but at times can be expensive.
0 Likes
Josh041096
Explorer
Options
So the MOT link is usually in your EE app, Quite easy to book as well.Screenshot_20210730-123248_My EE_16038.jpg
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
It's okay if they do the MOT process, they now have a diagnostic tool to go through a indepth check of your phone's health but be prepared for sales questions like "who is your home broadband with?" and "is it time for a tablet upgrade?"... etc etc... the MOT service they provide is also a sales opportunity for EE BT.

Still though, it's a good shout out and awareness for EE customers on this. If you're on a Smart plan you can do certain trade in upgrades too.
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
I went in to the EE store to get an eSIM and I spent more time in the store answering all the sales questions then actually getting the eSIM itself
kradcliffe
Voyager
Options

There's nothing you can't do on the phone itself. Total con to get you in to the store and to sell you more products.

EE are ran by BT so that should tell you all you need to know.