Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Missed an appointment bc stupid calendar changed time zone

(Topic created on: 21-01-2023 08:01 AM)
defelilo
Explorer
Options
I input an appointment I'm my calendar while I was on holiday. I know where I am going to be and at what tine my appointment is, but when I got home my calendar changed the time to be that of the time zone of where I input the info. That is a stupid feature! I know for what time I am inputing a meeting and what time zone it will be in, I do not need the calendar to change them. I am furious!!!!!
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
If you look in the calendar settings menu there is an option to lock the time zone
defelilo
Explorer
Options
Does that really solve my problem? It locks it to one time zone, but I travel between time zones and input according to where I will be on that day. If I am in the US and input a meeting for 10am in Italy, but my main residence and thus time zone is UK the fact the calendar changes according to where I am, or stops it on UK time is a problem. If I put 10am in the calendar then it needs to stay at 10am, regardless of where I am
0 Likes
defelilo
Explorer
Options
It is truly a bad function for anyone who uses the calendar for travelling. It forces you to always put the location, and even then I am not sure that would stop the calendar changing times. People know what time zone they are in, no one says I am going to input this meeting with another time zone time. It is a function that needs to be removed. Shows that the programmer who wrote this does not travel, nor do business internationally.
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi defelilo - have not had the problem since not normally out the UK but looking again at the calendar - when you create an appointment if you scroll down to the very bottom of the input screen there is a time zone location setting there - might work for what you need ( is initially covered by the keyboard )
0 Likes
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Sorry
0 Likes