Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last update

(Topic created on: 13-05-2021 04:32 PM)
b15dov64
Journeyman
Options
My phone has signed me out of everything my calendar has also messed up my videos dont play as they should this is all happened since the last update has anyone else had this problem? #b15dov
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Firstly, clear your system cache. What do you mean by signed out of everything? Your Google and Samsung accounts? Please can you give some more detail?
b15dov64
Journeyman
Options
My bank apps and almost every app on my phone also when i go into gallery and go to watch a video the drag bar is gone and image capture is gone i now need to open the video and then press the 3 dots top right then open in video player , if i do that its back to normal but i need to do this every time i go into vew a video, i am a youtuber and only edit on my phone having to go through this process is adding hours onto my editing time, also my calendar, i had my bins to be emptied every 3 weeks , this was a custom setting in calendar which has now also been removed, the only option now is, once a day, every week , every month or every year, they have removed the custom setting, rite now im hateing my phone. Please tell you can help,
Hope you are well and thank you for your help.
#b15dov
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi, Let's see if I can ease your pain. Unfortunately not all apps are working well with Android 11 because some developers are particularly slow to update. This applies mainly to social media apps (or at least they are the most mentioned!) There's not a lot Samsung can do about these as it is not their intellectual property.

There are certain things Samsung could have dealt with better. Firstly, you are right about Gallery, very little functionality but the aim of gallery was merely to display all photos and videos on a device which they seem to have reverted back to. Now, as you say you have to open the file in video player for the drag bar. In Videoplayer the image capture button is now on the top left of the video. When you press this you will get a small picture on the video, showing what you have captured. While I think if it, the odd thing is in the photos app the drag bar is there but no image capture button!

Yes, they have messed up the calendar app by removing the custom setting. As a way around this, use the reminder app. Just ask it to create a reminder for every three weeks from xxx date.

I hope this helps a little.

b15dov64
Journeyman
Options
Awesome i never thought of using the reminder app that will do just fine for me, I've tried to make video player the default app but im either thick or it cant be done at the moment. Thank you so much for your help i really appreciate your time. You stay safe and take care.
Regards
#b15dov and if you like Scotland subscribe to my channel it's absolutely 💯%FREE thanks again, david,

https://www.youtube.com/user/b15dov
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You're very welcome. Yes, I love Scotland. Have stayed in Perth and Edinburgh a few times. We used to be able to get flights direct from Cardiff but they have stopped. Keep safe.
0 Likes
b15dov64
Journeyman
Options
Wow i am between the both places 30 mins to Edinburgh and 30 mins from perth you stay safe.