Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Klarna Financing for a New Samsung Phone

(Topic created on: 06-08-2020 07:34 PM)
hussnainz
Apprentice
Options

I couldnt find anything else to help me so I thought I'd post on here. I want to possibly get the Note20 Ultra on Klarna Financing. I know that it lets you pay monthly for a set amount of time with 0% interest but if you don't pay the set amount or go over 36 months it charges you interest.

My question is, if anyone can shine a light, is that is it possible to pay extra money to klarna to get the amount to go down faster or anything similar or will it have to be the set amount for the set amount of months?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@hussnainz: If you choose Klarna at the checkout stage you can spread the cost from 6 months to 4 years (48 months) to suit you, with the latter applying an APR of 9.99% If you want to avoid being charged interest, choose any of the flexible payment plans up to 36 months. As far as I know, it is not possible to pay any lump sum amounts to reduce the term of your plan, so make sure to choose the one which fits your circumstances.

Solution
MJJ777
Journeyman
Options
Hi, Normally with credit agreements, the amount you pay monthly is fixed but you can always call up the finance company to make over payments which will only reduce the duration of your contract (e.g from 36 months down to 32 months) but the monthly set amount agreed in your contract will remain fixed. I hope this helps.
MrFrye88
Apprentice
Options

with klarna (i use them alot) if i place an order that's spread out (although I've never used them for an item this much before) it gives you the option to pay infront.

For instance if you buy the ultra over 12 months after paying the £117 deposit you'll pay £88 a month, so say you pay £88 in september, but want to pay octobers & novembers at the same time you can do, although you can't pay any random amount you have to pay the monthly cost

Get me? Ha

hussnainz
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for all your help. I'll try and look into it more and speak to klarna. Thank you!
0 Likes
MrFrye88
Apprentice
Options

Klarna chat is super easy and you'll tend to get through straigh away :smiling-face:

0 Likes
hussnainz
Apprentice
Options
I've tried to use klarna chat but when I log in to my account to get to the chat, it only gives me the option to talk about my current purchases. So I might have to physically call them up cos it does not give me the option to talk about anything else
0 Likes
MrWelshblue
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I can confirm that the standard Klarna agreement is what's known as a revolving credit agreement, it has an underlying interest rate of 18.9% BUT if you purchase using a promotional credit offer then you have that period of time to pay the agreement off at that rate, so that if its 24m IFC you have 24m to pay it off, you can make smaller or larger payments each month if you wanted to BUT as long as you pay it off within 24m it will be interest free

The upgrade scheme is a fixed sum agreements so is therefore always IFC and you have to make the same payment every month