Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Its goodbye Samsung,!

(Topic created on: 16-10-2021 05:36 PM)
ianbuk
Pioneer
Options
After being a customer of Samsung since 2007, I say goodbye to the manufacturer due entirely down to the company itself. I have owned a note since the very first incarnation, sadly and entirely down to Samsung discontinuing the Note series, I now leave. As the director of a company that purchases brand new phones every year, we have had to buy Apple's iPhone 13's with no new Note this year.

So goodbye Samsung, I am very sad to be going. I tried those horrible "Folds", we would have wrecked them within a few months. The "S" series wouldn't pass muster, the Note was the only phone good enough for us. 

So, with sadness, I placed an order for 42 iPhones last week and mine arrived today. I checked our asset register and see we have had 374 Samsung devices, sure, my business may mean nothing to a conglomerate like Samsung, but I liked my Note's. If only you kept your business device going. We would have stayed.

Owned everything from the original Note to S22 Ultra. Disappointing that Samsung does innovate as they used to.
19 REPLIES 19
ianbuk
Pioneer
Options
It's not cost from my perspective, my phone and most of the others have made it to their 12 months and are wrecked. The ports are loose from the items we connect to them. Many are scratched from the environment they are working. The cameras are also a major consideration too.
Owned everything from the original Note to S22 Ultra. Disappointing that Samsung does innovate as they used to.
0 Likes
ianbuk
Pioneer
Options
My daughter has one and I find it very poor. It's such a downgrade (S21 Ultra vs Note 20 Ultra). The condition of our devices necessitates the swap. Cannot wait to see whether the rumours are true or false on how good/bad the S22 will be.
pmel
Navigator
Options
Ok, I thought you are using phones for some companies applications, remote access to personal accounts in the company, some projects etc.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm a bit of a phone enthusiast. Got the Z Fold 3, Google Pixel 5 and iPhone 12 Pro Max on the go today.
But they all get used for different stuff, ie 2 for a couple of work phones and one for media stuff like contacts and correspondence etc.
The iPhone is for family and friends stuff. Different business and email accounts etc.
Sometimes use duel sim when I want or need. But I like to compare and review different phones.

I personally for what I do, can't just use an iPhone for work.
It's the small stuff like split screen I use a lot.
I do however miss my Note 20 Ultra, and I will agree that the Z Fold 3, as brilliant as it is, isn't a Note replacement.

But if you are going with an iPhone, the S Pen I guess is not something too important to you. So the S21 Ultra would have been a brilliant replacement. It's got better cameras than the Note 20 Ultra and a better fingerprint sensor.
I'm not too fussed about memory as I tend to use cloud based stuff. I used to rely on larger memory capacity until one of my phones crashed and lost everything on it. That was a nightmare.
Now I don't worry if one of the cloud services has issues, I have backed up in others.

Don't get me wrong, I do like my iPhone, but I just don't get all I need from one. iOS has only just got PIP for YouTube, and that's in Beta.
Cameras are definitely not the best out there, and feel that I can get better images from the Note 20 Ultra and even my Huawei phones. That said I think Apple have got video quality on point.

The S22 is going to be a great phone, I doubt it will be made worse than the S21, and that's a really good phone.

Well hopefully you will enjoy using your iPhone, as we all have different needs and wants from our devices 👍🏻
ianbuk
Pioneer
Options
Yes, Team's, Salesforce, 365, One Drive, Intraphone, VOIP extension numbers, Cameras (Video & Phone).
Solution
pmel
Navigator
Options
Thanks, I think these applications do not need management from an IT technician, then your move from Android to iOS costs zero.
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Unfortunately all phones get scratched and damaged if your employees dont look after them. Thats why in 14 years you have gone through 374. Maybe the jcb phone would be better sounds very tough
G G
0 Likes
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
Cya 👋
0 Likes
Chris781
Pioneer
Options

I am thinking of leaving, down to the company.

Their support nowadays is a joke.

And every single software update, causes me a headache.  And Samsung are atrocious at trying to resolve these.  I may go Google Pixel and ditch the Note 20 Ultra.  Which is a shame, as like you, I have used them for years now.

bigmamaf
Student
Options

I feel you my friend. The note was already losing features that I loved with each iteration. The S Ultra 22 is pretty, but it's not going to hold up in my business. The curved screens are what really killed us, I spent a lot repairing cracked screens in the past year. We are switching all of our tablets and phones elsewhere as well. 

0 Likes