Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its goodbye Samsung,!

(Topic created on: 16-10-2021 01:45 PM)
ianbuk
Pioneer
Options
After being a customer of Samsung since 2007, I say goodbye to the manufacturer due entirely down to the company itself. I have owned a note since the very first incarnation, sadly and entirely down to Samsung discontinuing the Note series, I now leave. As the director of a company that purchases brand new phones every year, we have had to buy Apple's iPhone 13's with no new Note this year.

So goodbye Samsung, I am very sad to be going. I tried those horrible "Folds", we would have wrecked them within a few months. The "S" series wouldn't pass muster, the Note was the only phone good enough for us. 

So, with sadness, I placed an order for 42 iPhones last week and mine arrived today. I checked our asset register and see we have had 374 Samsung devices, sure, my business may mean nothing to a conglomerate like Samsung, but I liked my Note's. If only you kept your business device going. We would have stayed.

Owned everything from the original Note to S22 Ultra. Disappointing that Samsung does innovate as they used to.
19 REPLIES 19
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
With most of the functions available on phones like the S21 Ultra, but without the S Pen. Going with the iPhone is like going back in time.
I say this as I carry 3 to 4 phones daily and one is an iPhone.
You have far less functionality with an iPhone
Rumours of the S22 having S Pen functionality built-in, why not keep the Note 20 going for a bit longer
Just don't see the point of this post
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Freebies or sympathy kinda unsure
G G
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Rumours are the s22 ultra is the next note.
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
And the renders are looking really nice. sounds like its going to be a galaxy plus note hybrid. Maybe thats the way its going more merging them rather than having 2 separate models.
G G
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
I went from note 10 to S21 ultra as it was the closest phone to the note.... Got an S pen so it's pretty much an Note utra S21 🤣🤷 bad idea switching to Apple in my opinion
ianbuk
Pioneer
Options
Frustration!
Owned everything from the original Note to S22 Ultra. Disappointing that Samsung does innovate as they used to.
0 Likes
pmel
Navigator
Options
Can you somebody explain me how much cost change the phone OS for this 42 phones? Example cost IT technician training, software, hardware etc.
0 Likes
ianbuk
Pioneer
Options
Why would anyone carry 3-4 phones daily? I have 3 lines in my Note, 2 sims, 1 e-sim.

As for your answer. It's the camera, the video, ability to have global use, durability due to the really heavy use. The iPhone is far from satisfactory, but lost connection or ability to simply get a phone out that has the 1TB capacity I currently have with the Note 20 Ultra matters to me.

The camera in the Z & fold are too poor, it's a shame, the camera in the Note 20 is brilliant. Each phone in our inventory is on its last let's, simply the hard life they get in 12 months. A Z or Fold would last 2 months.

If and it is a big if, the S22 Ultra is as good as some claim, we will have to wait until halfway through our year and replace those phones in the worse condition.
0 Likes
ianbuk
Pioneer
Options
You can see from my answer above, that if its the case, we can swap out the devices in the poorest conditions