Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISSUES SINCE ANDROID 13 UPDATE

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 12:26 AM)
caramelsilk
Student
Options
I finally got around to updating my Note 20 ultra last night and woke up to nothing but issues today. Firstly I noticed during the update that immediately after my phone completed updating, a new notification popped up again saying there was a new update available so I carried out 2 updates back to back. Since then I've had issues whenever I make a video call on WhatsApp. First my audio glitches/freezes before the phone blacks out and restarts. The restart is not the normal one either. It's shorter and skips over the Samsung logo part. 

I've cleared WhatsApp's cache and restarted my phone. I've left my phone on safe mode and even unistalled WhatsApp to no avail. I'm at my whits end because overall video calling and audio (on video calls) has had issues. I couldn't carry out a work call earlier as the audio was glitching. 

Has anyone had similar issues and managed to fix it?

13 REPLIES 13
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
S22 Ultra, got in August, it was OK, however after the update, its just a useless plastic

I have done many posts, I call it Apple curse, I was with Apple for over 10 years, not a single day I had any issues

When I wake up each day , I don't know which bits of Ultra is working and which bits don't

I hate my decision to join Samsung... First and last 😉

Good luck with your situation hope someone will help you
caramelsilk
Student
Options
I've never had an iphone and I've rarely had issues with Samsung. However this update definitely made me consider an iPhone but I can't cave now after years of apple hating dedication 😆. Have you had any luck with your phone? Samsung needs to come through in the next couple of weeks or else they're losing this ride or die customer to the dreaded fruit.
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Lol lol 😆 😆 😆... I am in stitches

Absolutely no solution friend, when I touch my phone on a new day, the first thing I feel is... Oh let's see which bit of the phone is working, that's a disgusting way to start anyone's day

But hay.. I made the decision so I will take the pain and I will not repeat ever again.
👋👋
SophiaHalilova
Student
Options

I have been having issues with my Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G. They have started last Monday after i have installed the latest Android update. Something interferes with the speaker volume. It randomly goes up and down or sound disappears completely. That affects ANY kind of sound - making a call, watching a video, listening to audio and even phone ringtones and system sounds. Also bluetooth headphones have a poor sound quality. The problem temporarily disappears after a phone restart or simply turning the bluetooth off and on. And then it reappears again. Very annoying. Also my Galaxy Watch5 runs out of battery twice as fast now despite installing an update for it, too. Probably because of the bluetooth issues, I suppose..

larissamur
First Poster
Options
Did you get a response to fixing this? After doing the update I have no samsung wallet (I never take a card, was pretty embarrassing when I couldn't pay for fuel) I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling cleared cache etc, nothing is working and when I open some apps they just freeze on a white or black screen and there is no control alt delete to shut down the task lol.
SophiaHalilova
Student
Options

No I didn't get any response yet... will try to contact Customer Service. I know for sure now that the phone misbehaves when it is connected to the watch. No issues while the watch is off....

0 Likes
TAmaral
Apprentice
Options

That's exactly what happened to my Note 20 5G. First, the upgrade to android 13 and one UI 5.0. After rebooting, a new update popped up. Exactly the same issues with WhatsApp, and sometimes the always display wouldn't work too.

About two weeks after, a new update popped up, but nothing changed. 

The only thing that helped, was booting in recovery mode and cleaned the system cache of the phone, then the issues stopped happening.

0 Likes
Anna-Marie
Journeyman
Options
I've samsung A22 had android 13 update yesterday morning and I can no longer send mms messages. I've exhausted all options to try and resolve it. I've only had phone 3 months, I'll never be buying a Samsung again!
0 Likes
Rickwes
Student
Options
For some unknown reason I've lost my WiFi calling, the option is no longer available 😢.
0 Likes