Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Is there PAL 25p video camera frame rates on this phone?

(Topic created on: 15-01-2021 02:04 AM)
Martin68
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I'm liking this phone for its looks and features. I want to buy it to upgrade from my S8, and my primary reason is because of the cameras.

However, I live in Europe which uses a 50Hz power grid, and so far on my S8 and all other smartphones I have used to shoot video, the 50Hz lights flicker, due to the video recording frame rates being 30p or 60p, as it seems that phone cameras are all made for the 60Hz  north American markets .

So I would like to know if the Note20 ultra has a PAL 25p video shooting option? or is this too only setup for 60Hz American markets yet sold in 50Hz countries?

I know that Apple have recently introduced a PAL option on their smartphones after the ios 14.3 update

https://beebom.com/record-video-pal-format-iphone/  so does anyone know if Samsung will do the same?

I want to use the native camera app not a 3rd party as like filmic pro for several reasons I wont go into here, I just need 25fps shooting option on the Note20 Ultra. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Hello3
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Hi, the note 20 ultra can record in 24 fps as shown in the picture

Screenshot_20210115-023735_Camera_3310.jpg

0 Likes
Martin68
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

24fps is still not compatible with the 50hz light flicker. Does anyone know if Samsung will apply a 25fps option in a future update like apple have with their iPhone? 

0 Likes