Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

I hate the new One UI update, how do I revert back to the previous version?

(Topic created on: 02-01-2021 10:28 AM)
LaRusso
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Everything was perfect before. And now my phone is a glitchy and laggy mess, and this new design is absolutely awful. Can someone tell me how to get rid as soon as possible please. 
13 REPLIES 13
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

To try and clear the lag you could make sure any app updates via your Playmate been completed.

And consider Clearing your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. 

In respect to reverting to Android 10 Samsung One Ui 2.5 you can't do this via the phone's system settings.

Look at xdadevelopers.com and look for tutorials for Custom Rom's.

Disclaimer 》
Using a Custom Rom can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used.
A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision. Samsung would levy a charge to put this right.

That or see if Samsung send out updates and perhaps send your feedback via your Samsung Members App @LaRusso 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

LaRusso
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Bit strange that there isn't just a button to reverse the changes but thanks for your comment anyway.
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

You're very welcome @LaRusso 

I agree it would be so much easier to have a window of opportunity to try the update and reverse if wanted but remember security updates are important too.

Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Not really since it is a new operating system which always overwrites the previous, similar to PCs.
0 Likes
michelle78
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
has anyone had problems accessing mobile Internet since this upgrade as since mine updated I cant connect to it
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

There is another thread from people experiencing this.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-fe-galaxy-s20-galaxy/s20-fe-5g-network-data-after-fw-... 

Can you move your sim card to sim slot 2 to try access data @michelle78 

0 Likes
CraigMassey
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

My phone went a bit nuts after finishing installing the update. Very slow and red hot! I  also hate the 5x6 grid on the home page and app groups. 

Sometimes updates such!

Jcrenman
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

OH MY GOD BRO!!!!! I'm soooooo sick of all the quirks, lags, and generally dumb ***** my phone has now since this new update came out. I am usually a samsung/android till I die type of dude, but MAN this is ANNOYING!!!😡😡😡😡. I don't usually join online communities and comment on things like this but it's like dude....how long we gotta wait for you guys to fix this stuff????? This phone cost an arm and a leg and another arm. You would think Samsung engineers and google engineers would make this a priority with this being a flagship phone. I hope Samsung is listening. This is the first time in my life I'm seriously thinking about moving to Iphone. 

snoop123
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
how do you revert back to the split view screen. the new 3.1 update for s7plus is terrible
0 Likes