Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent screen turning off when on speaker phone?

(Topic created on: 14-11-2022 02:07 PM)
Panthereal
First Poster
Options

I have to do phone calls daily that involve a lot of listening, and I vary between needing to be muted or not muted on this call.

During any call, my screen will fade and turn off within seconds of my last interaction on the screen.

I can not see if my call is actively on mute or not, and I can not turn on or off mute without pressing the power button first.

My phone calls are being affected by this feature given the delay in time it takes to turn the screen back on and remove mute when I need to give vocal input in the meeting, and I also can not see if I am on mute when at a distance from the phone without being able to physically touch the phone.  If my phone is on the desk and I am across the room, I want to see whether mute is on or off.

7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you tried going into settings. Display and select screen time out.
You can set the screen to stay on longer
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Try this Screenshot_20211012-204645_Settings_137297.jpgScreenshot_20211012-204637_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Are you able to keep your phone plugged in charging when on these calls? If so, there is a setting in Developer Options to keep your screen awake whilst charging.

To enter Developer Mode head to Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Tap Build Number 10 times really fast. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Perfectly Flawed
First Poster
Options

This doesn't work while in a call

0 Likes
DivineAlaska
First Poster
Options

I have this EXACT SAME ANNOYING PROBLEM!!!! Did you ever find a fix for it? I've set my "screen timeout" to the max of 10 minutes, but it does nothing - it still goes black after just a few seconds on speaker phone. I've restarted my phone multiple times and tried again. Nothing works so far.

Slick1983
First Poster
Options

Apparently no one has found a solution.  To say the least, this is really an, As DivineAlaska said, ANNOYING PROBLEM!!!!   This should be setup to work this way, anyhow.  You put it on speaker phone to go through (what has become normal) the answering machine, (TAD). 

This ALWAYS takes a while, unless it's a tiny business.  Why not have the switch for the speakerphone also lock the display screen on?  DUH!!

0 Likes
DavidLanham
First Poster
Options
0 Likes