Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

How to get screen repaired on Hong Kong version in UK. Been advised that UK screen is a different size.

(Topic created on: 21/01/21 12:29)
sfegan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Been refused repair of Note 20 ultra in Belfast due to being informed that UK and HK screens differ in size. Is this correct?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Who informed you of this? Struggling to find any information.
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
All note 20 ultra screens are 19.3:9 1440p 120hz 6.9 inch displays. there is no variation at all between variants. whoever told you that is lying or does not know about the device
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@sfegan 

Has Samsung UK refused the repair  ?

If so it's more probably because it's an imported phone so they won't provide support for it.

I used WondaMobile to import my N20 Ultra Snapdragon version and they apply a 12 month warranty and repair service but I'd need to send it back to them in Hong Kong.

This is also why I've covered my phone's through my Home Contents Insurance.

Is the screen badly damaged  ? I ask because if it's minor and the screen works etc then a screen protector from Whitestone Dome can help to protect the screen from further damage.

A Standalone shop that advertises they repair phone's may replace the screen but this could in some cases result in an inferior display panel being used, further issues caused from the repair process and any warranty being invalidated.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes