Did you mean: 

Original topic:

How to change crop aspect ratio?

(Topic created on: 02-09-2020 06:37 PM)
stylon
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Can't figure out how to do this simple task that I took for granted on my old Huawei.

I take most of my photos in landscape 4:3 ratio. Occasionally I'll decide to a make a 3:4 portrait crop of one so I go into the editor, tap the crop icon and select 3:4 to ensure I get the ratio right. Except I just can't find that option in the Note 20 Ultra photo editor just a 4:3 one which is the original aspect ratio. Does this feature exist and if so how do I get it to appear?

I know I could just download another editor to do this but I like using the built in one for convenience.

Thanks.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

to solve that you need to rotate the phone and then select 4:3, after that re rotate it and you will be cutting in 3:4

0 Likes
stylon
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Thanks for replying. That sounds perfectly reasonable but alas when I just tried it the 3:4 crop option never appeared unless I'm missing a trick?

Annoyingly rotating the image within the editor doesn't work either because although the 3:4 crop option does then appear, because the image has also been rotated the 3:4 crop STILL comes out as a 4:3 crop!

0 Likes
Gondol57
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi,

I have the same issue and I wanted to know if you found a solution ?

Best regards,

Guillaume

0 Likes
stylon
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

No, never did find a solution, sorry. Very disappointing.

0 Likes
dam091
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Stumbled upon a stupidly silly solution just now. 

Manually crop the picture. Eyeball it to a portrait like ratio. The option will change from 4:3 to 3:4. Then just pinch to max zoom out, and center the picture. 

0 Likes
stylon
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Still can't believe they haven't fixed this issue but also grateful for your reply. I confess I was sceptical but just tried your suggestion and it actually worked! Thanks very much!
0 Likes