Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible spellchecker

(Topic created on: 21-07-2021 10:07 AM)
defelilo
Explorer
Options
I cannot believe how the Samsung spellchecker gets worse rather than better. Previously it would make suggestions of misspelled words, now it changes grammar and correct words. Every time I write "well" it changes it to "we'll", "ill" becomes "I'll", "in" or "is" changes to "I". Every time I write "make" it changes it to "male". However there are times I misspell a word and it just leaves it there. So the latest version of the spellchecker doesn't pick-up errors, but changes correct words.
22 REPLIES 22
suez23
Journeyman
Options
How do you install this please?
0 Likes
suez23
Journeyman
Options
Where is auto spellcheck?
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
You can easily find it on the Play Store

Here's the link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.latin

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
defelilo
Explorer
Options
No luck. The other day I wrote "Big hug to you." Sent message reread it and it was changed to "Big guns to you." How flipping embarrassing is that
suez23
Journeyman
Options
Omg! Soooo poor. Its like its become illiterate. Ive searched relentlessly and cant seem to find a soln
suez23
Journeyman
Options
Thanks!
0 Likes
suez23
Journeyman
Options
Ive installed google keyboard, but still no predictive text and no spellchecker. Im almost ready to reenable predictive because this is soooo painfully slow withoit it
0 Likes
Brandonoouah
Student
Options

I've been using the s23 ultra for 10 days and it's quite shocking how bad the keyboard experience is for writing. I had the Note 2 and Note 4 and it seems that it is way worse than ever now. How is this possible? I was using a Poco F1 with a Pixel custom rom...the writing experience was excellent. Snd the voice typing was actually incredible. Here I have the best ozone on the planet and it takes me 5 minutes to write a short paragraph. There were more typos in this but I corrected them, just so I could be understood. It's insane. I use my phone all day to communicate and it's painful for most of it on this thing. really bad Samsung, really bad. 

defelilo
Explorer
Options
Same exact correction for me too! What the heck is WOULL?!?!? Who wrote this spellchecker? Did they know English? Or was it coded by a toddler who hasn't learnt to spell yet???
0 Likes
Pablo2312
First Poster
Options
Why doesn't Samsung just admit it's a heap of poorly produced rubbish and replace it with something that's fit for purpose.
0 Likes