Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible spellchecker

(Topic created on: 21-07-2021 10:07 AM)
defelilo
Explorer
Options
I cannot believe how the Samsung spellchecker gets worse rather than better. Previously it would make suggestions of misspelled words, now it changes grammar and correct words. Every time I write "well" it changes it to "we'll", "ill" becomes "I'll", "in" or "is" changes to "I". Every time I write "make" it changes it to "male". However there are times I misspell a word and it just leaves it there. So the latest version of the spellchecker doesn't pick-up errors, but changes correct words.
22 REPLIES 22
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You could always try a different keyboard. I found a lot of the time with Samsung keyboard I had to correct spelling mistakes. I'm using microsoft SwiftKey keyboard. It is also installed on the note 20 ultra.
defelilo
Explorer
Options
Thank you!
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
You can also try Gboard - Google Keyboard

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
AndrewL
Options

@defelilo: I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the Samsung Keyboard. Based on what you've described, please can you try heading to Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard Settings > Switch off Predictive Text (which will also disable Auto Replace), and make sure that Auto Spell Check is toggled on. This should prevent the wrong words being automatically populated, while still highlighting mispelled words, and suggesting corrections. 

Gabke
Pioneer
Options

Well... ther isn't  working spellcheck in Samsung 2022 models if you are multilagnuage.... and thre isn't any spellcheck if you use physical keyboard. [And Nokia 6110 is out of stock.]

Wally23
First Poster
Options

Im having same problem. BUTI do like the predictive text. Just wish it would simply underline misspelling and give ME THE OPTION to change it with predictive text. It doesnt even catch the misspelled words half the time and it flat out changes words to wrong words. Plus if it changes it and I have it spelled right its like 2 to 3 steps just to get it back. It can make writting a short simple text ANNOYING AS HELL!! And while we are on subject. 50% of time if I see a word I misspelled and I .ove curser up to add a missing letter it puts the letter at the end of sentance, then LUCKY ME, gets to clear out everything back to misspelling and write it all again. REDICULOUS!!!!!!  then of course the grammer police step in and give me greif for just leaving it because, it gets SOOOOOOOO FLIPPING ANNOYING!!!

IF you cant fix this, may I make a suggestion to make these phones out of rubber so they bounce when they get thrown.

MarineOne
First Poster
Options

"IF you cant fix this, may I make a suggestion to make these phones out of rubber so they bounce when they get thrown." LOL

Sabdzine
First Poster
Options

Please note this is emailing from my phone-not texting-.

I'm thinking the same thing.  I wonder if some is joking around.  Last month or two it suggests I change a correctly spelled word in the proper tense to some word I've never seen before.  Todays word is WOULL the correction to my "would" you please send...

Can you have professional auto correct versus Urban dictionary auto correct.

suez23
Journeyman
Options
Hi did you have any luck with this? I agree the spellchecker is atrocious. It shouldn't be so bad, I just updated latest version.How to install another keyboard?
0 Likes