Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Horrible spellchecker

(Topic created on: 22-07-2021 01:10 PM)
defelilo
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I cannot believe how the Samsung spellchecker gets worse rather than better. Previously it would make suggestions of misspelled words, now it changes grammar and correct words. Every time I write "well" it changes it to "we'll", "ill" becomes "I'll", "in" or "is" changes to "I". Every time I write "make" it changes it to "male". However there are times I misspell a word and it just leaves it there. So the latest version of the spellchecker doesn't pick-up errors, but changes correct words.
4 REPLIES 4
Fiona26
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
You could always try a different keyboard. I found a lot of the time with Samsung keyboard I had to correct spelling mistakes. I'm using microsoft SwiftKey keyboard. It is also installed on the note 20 ultra.
defelilo
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Thank you!
MadalinK
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
You can also try Gboard - Google Keyboard

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@defelilo: I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the Samsung Keyboard. Based on what you've described, please can you try heading to Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard Settings > Switch off Predictive Text (which will also disable Auto Replace), and make sure that Auto Spell Check is toggled on. This should prevent the wrong words being automatically populated, while still highlighting mispelled words, and suggesting corrections. 

0 Likes