Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Hide the dock

(Topic created on: 25-11-2020 01:49 PM)
Lightdelegate
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I'm using Samsung phones for years and use to sell phones as well.

It is amazing that Samsung developing the home screen so much but basic thing such as hiding the dock is not possible and so many people I've talked to, just using 3rd party launcher cause of that.

I really hope they will listen to customers one day.

So many options are missing or been removed from our phones with the years and it is very disappointing.

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

The forum is really for people to ask for help on devices and interact with each other.

A person asking for Samsung to introduce an idea into their software should send that idea via their Samsung Members App.

Who knows @Lightdelegate they may add something like this in a future update if enough people want it.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
AntS
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@Lightdelegate wrote:

I don't need that same icons to be on every page I'm using. It's strange that official launcher don't have this option. We are buying a big screen to use its space and no to have all big like Visually Impaired

I have a thing for uncluttered screens and maximising screen real estate, so I kind of feel you on this.

I suspect the reasoning for the Home screen dock area being ever-present in each of the Home pages has something to do with quick and easy user access, along with keeping the Home pages simple to use - and so the concept is unlikely to change. But I can ask our developers for you to see what they say. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

davehorne
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I think that's a great suggestion, to be able to have more control over the 'dock'. 

I downloaded the Microsoft launcher and added more rows (and columns) to my dock but the extra rows are hidden.  I'm going in the other direction.  :smiling-face:

I think the original poster had a suggestion that should be taken seriously. 

Lightdelegate
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Finally someone who understand the meaning of this post and not trying to offer 3rd parties solution after I have said that I have that solution and I expect Samsung to develop by listening to the customers...

Thanks.

0 Likes
Lightdelegate
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Thanks but I have seen similar requests from the past from other customers and also moderator who promise to do something about it and still no solution after years!

That's why I have opened my own request.

I hope you will change our opinion about Samsung listening to customers.

I'm already so disappointed that the official model of my note 20 ultra doesn't get any Android 11 beta like other models and really disappointed about Samsung treat customers like Garbage and only rubbing our money. After years of getting beta every year, this is the first time Samsung gave my country the garbage model.

I don't buy official import anymore.

0 Likes
AntS
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

No worries, @Lightdelegate .

The developers have replied. They've advised that they'll consider the idea, but they'd need to look further into the necessity and generality of the feature, as well as data usage related to the dock. Assuming that there aren't any issues with those (or any others they encounter) then it's possible the idea may be implemented in the future.

Appreciate that it's not the "yes" you were wanting... but it's not a "no" at this stage either. 🙂

And sad to hear how you feel there. At the risk of derailing your thread, I'm intrigued to know which country you're based in. And I take it that you've participated in previous Betas?

0 Likes