Did you mean: 

Original topic:

help

(Topic created on: 26-10-2020 06:26 PM)
Smitt
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I want to know if I'm able to move apps to sd card like WhatsApp,  only because media you receive or take is saved on internal storage instead of SD like I want it to, any ideas

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
zulf
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
settings /apps click on app of your choice then storage if the app allows it you can change the storage to sd card
0 Likes
Smitt
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
sadly doesn't have this option, maybe should be a suggestion
0 Likes
Nikita69420
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
you can change where the actual app is to the sd card but I'm not sure about media
0 Likes
pAEv
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
try to go to permission section and give permission may be then it will work.
0 Likes
JerryS
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
On my N20U you can do this by enabling developer options, then enable "Force allow apps on external" from developer options and then you should be able to move an app by either long pressing on the app icon and selecting App Info->Storage or going into settings->Apps->Whatsapp->Storage.

To enable developer options click on build number in settings->about phone->software version seven times.
JerryS
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
ps: take care when making any changes in developer options as some settings could adversely impact the phone
0 Likes
Smitt
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
am I better off getting a Samsung guru to do this, as I really don't want to ruin the phone
0 Likes
JerryS
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Up to you of course and entirely at your own risk but I've done this quite a few times with apps, just take care not to change any other settings in developer options that you don't know about. The setting you want is about three quarters of the way down. Apps on the sd card will load a little slower depending on the sd card you have
0 Likes
JerryS
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Having said all that I think this may only move the app itself not the whatsapp media which I think is what you were really interested in
0 Likes