Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Signal failure since update

(Topic created on: 02-04-2023 09:18 PM)
Yanster
First Poster
Options
Note 20 Ultra 5G working great for around 9 months then after a decent sized update, about 900Mb, the GPS signal has gone shocking.
I installed a GPS status monitor app and could see it jumping up and down on available satellites and how many it had locked onto including at times not finding any!
I put an old Note 8 at the side and that was fine.
Anyone else having similar issues?

7 REPLIES 7
Merlins23ultra
Navigator
Options
Running the same phone here, and after several updates everything is working fine 🤞 I always flush the cache after any updates, I would surgest you try that and then open Samsung members and check your location accuracy. 🍀
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Yanster: Try restarting your Note 20 Ultra, then head to Settings > Location > Improve Accuracy, and toggle on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Scanning. Go back, and make sure that Google Location Accuracy, and Google Location Sharing are both toggled on. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
seamusmcgilicoty
First Poster
Options

How?

0 Likes
Merlins23ultra
Navigator
Options
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key. Once the Android Recovery screen comes up, release the buttons. Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting 'Wipe cache
0 Likes
ARTTHIBO
First Poster
Options

I don't see anything in the, settings, location, that says anything about (accuracy)? 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @ARTTHIBO, The path may have changed since AndrewL posted. Just checked on my UK S10 (on One UI 4.1/Android 12), and it's in Settings > Location > Location services.

0 Likes
ARTTHIBO
First Poster
Options

This is ridiculous, spend this much money on a SAMSUNG PHONE, buy a Drone and can't fly the ***** thing because of this supposed to be wonderful phone.

SAMSUNG get off your A** and fix it, not tomorrow. 

I spent to much money for you to think, "O'wwe don't know, send screenshot" move

0 Likes