Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving up on samsung

(Topic created on: 06-03-2023 10:54 AM)
Lewby0
Apprentice
Options
Since the one ui 5.1 update my phone is not behaving properly. I can no longer use Google assistant to send messages over WhatsApp whilst driving as it says the contacts have no numbers. 
I have wasted an entire morning with bots telling me to do everything I have already done and it is still not working.
I a seriously thinking of jumping ship and moving to iphone as this is not good for work.
9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Why iPhone and not another Android phone 🤷

What things have you tried to do to remedy the issue?
Maybe someone here can help you
Lewby0
Apprentice
Options
I have deleted everything on the phone and factory reset. I have cleared the cache on all suggested areas. I have dumped whatsapp and reloaded and the same with google. But since the one ui 5.1 update nothing is working to make google assistant see the contact numbers. I have spent an entire morning being passed around both google and samsung tech staff who all want yo take me through the same process. I need this service as I drive a lot and need to be able to communicate for work via WhatsApp and do not have the time to pull Iver every time I need to send a message.
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
You can no longer use Google Assistant to send a voice message though WhatsApp as that feature has been removed.
0 Likes
Lewby0
Apprentice
Options
I cannot send a WhatsApp message using Google assistant since the one UI 5.1 update
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Have you tried using Bixby instead?
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Long shot. Have you given the apps all the permissions they need?
0 Likes
Lewby0
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for suggesting, yes I have done all of the suggested tasks of Google, samsung and vodaphone. Nothing has worked and the only thing I can link it to is following the one UI 5.1 update
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What about sync on all accounts?

I just tried on my s21 ultra and it seems to work just fine.
0 Likes
Lewby0
Apprentice
Options
I must have a dud of a phone
0 Likes