Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galxy Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 02-04-2022 07:10 PM)
Stevonearly50
Apprentice
Options
My phone no longer Wirelessly charges at all or shares power to or from another Samsung device or any other type of Wireless charging. I have very thoroughly checked all my settings and they are good for Wireless charging, it maybe just be a coincidence but I think it started after the latest update, has anyone else has these exact symptoms or knows any more details about this and preferable if there is a way to fix it?
7 REPLIES 7
Vidunja
Pioneer
Options
One suggestion, try puting your phone on wireless charging device and try pressing it down in the middle point of the screen and see if it starts charging.
I have same issue with mine. Idk what tech is used to operate it, but my thoughts would be that coils are getting disconnected from phone internals. When i press it down it starts charging.
Don't press too hard though. Let me know if that worked.
Cheers
0 Likes
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @Stevonearly50

Do you have a case or screen protector on your device? If so, you may want to try removing it as it may be blocking the wireless signal between your device and the charging pad.
0 Likes
Stevonearly50
Apprentice
Options
I tried that this evening, no change sadly but thank you.
0 Likes
Stevonearly50
Apprentice
Options
Thank you but definitely not the case or screen protector or case as it was working perfectly with the same ones installed. I have tried removing the case anyway but no change.
0 Likes
Vidunja
Pioneer
Options
Do you have other wireless charging phones to try it on or spare wireless charger? I tried to workout what was wrong with mine, cos it stoped working after Android 12 update and was thinking that update was a culprit, but somehow realized that my phone has a problem, it was just coincidence that it happened at that time.
Hope you'll work out where problem lies
0 Likes
Stevonearly50
Apprentice
Options
Yes I tried my wife's phone and hers has worked on every charger that mine doesnt. I also think mine is a hard fault now as well and it's just a coincidence, annoying because it's out of warranty and I guess it will be astronomical cost to repair it, I guess I will just live without it until August when I'm up for renewal. I wasn't planning on a new one this year!

0 Likes
Vidunja
Pioneer
Options
Sorry to hear that, honestly, I have no probs charging it via cable, now I know that i do this hardware issue and not gonna damage my phone over ways of charging.
0 Likes