Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery update

(Topic created on: 15-05-2021 04:26 PM)
Kbrooks
Pioneer
Options
I've just gone on to my gallery to watch a saved video. I clicked play, and it just started playing the video. No sound, but there is a timer and a play button, and when I can pause it too. But it's done in the gallery? And I have to click on the 3 dots and manually open through video player? This is a stupid idea, whoever thought of it? If this isn't fixed, then I'll change to a different gallery app, there was nothing wrong with it, as it was. Please tell me this will be fixed in an update
6 REPLIES 6
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Who comes up with nonsense, its a terrible idea , you have to keep switching
Kbrooks
Pioneer
Options
Having to manually choose to open in video player each time is ridiculous, concentrate on improving battery life, not messing up perfectly fine apps like the gallery.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
This gallery video feature is causing a lot of head scratching and frustration for many many people and I would be VERY surprised if it was not rectified in a future software update for sure. Thing is though I can't see why this new video set up in the gallery was introduced at all?.. Can anyone out there??.. 🥺🥺.. 👍👍
0 Likes
zeneth
Apprentice
Options
What do people dislike about the gallery change? I find it ok, maybe it's just a personal preference, but suppose Samsung should let you set it how you like. It plays in the gallery app, but is muted by default, there's an unmute button in bottom right of the video. when I tap on the thumbnail in the bottom minimised thumbnail reel, it expands and let's you scroll the selected videos timeline. I like it 😅
0 Likes
Kbrooks
Pioneer
Options
It may start playing, but the fact it is alaways muted by default,, and we shouldn't have to manually choose to open in video player every time, it's an idiotic idea, and one that needs putting right. Can't see what you like about it.
0 Likes
thappy
Apprentice
Options
Samsung get this gallery app back to the way it was asap. Stop messing about and making it worse. I use this app for work and not having the video player pop up is a real nuisance. I can find a way of rolling back either....