Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy Note S20 Ultra sudden crack on screen (without fall)!

(Topic created on: 13-09-2021 03:36 AM)
JAZ87
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Not even 2 weeks ago I bought myself a Galaxy Note S20 Ultra 5g - as I pull my phone out of my pocket I come to find a crack on the right side edge of my screen. It never fell. It didn’t even touch a hard surface. Completely random, without any sort of force touching the screen. My phone has a cover and screen protector on it. This is so frustrating! How could a $1200+ be made so cheap? I’ve never had a cracked screen in any of my other phones. I’ve come to realize that others in different online forums have also had this experience with such defects. Have any of you had positive outcomes with getting this issue addressed?

14 REPLIES 14
AlwaysEcho
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

T -mobile did pay for 3 of them I was told this is clearly a Samsung problem to contact them. My husband also has the same model he has been through 3 we have only had these phones a couple months. The monthly insurance is a joke you still have to pay 99 bucks for each claim plus 17.99 a month, I’m so frustrated these phones were over 3K. I have have had a problem with any phone breaking, lost a note 7 in a snow pile found 5 months later cutting the grass still works. This is so upsetting🥲

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@AlwaysEcho 

I use the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector which I've found to be the best for me.

Perhaps consider one of those Glass Screen Protectors.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I have no affiliation with Samsung.

AlwaysEcho
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Thanks for the tip!!!

I just ordered a 2 pack plus a different  case 😀 

I will keep you posted,  any suggestions on a guys belt clip case, the otter boxes are complete s**te anymore 😅 

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
Dr-ramon
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I carry my phone in my front left pocket. Twice I've had to replace the phone because it broke on the right side just below the power button. That's all I was doing, carrying it in my front pocket.I was assuming that since I was chopping wood a piece of the wood flew out and hit my leg where the phone was and broke it, but after reading this comment about a phone that breaks without any pressure on it, I'm uncertain if that was the case. It may be that because the phone was in my front pocket as I bent over the phone wouldn't bend and broke, but as I said I am uncertain. 

0 Likes
Dr-ramon
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I posted once about this subject and if it is the case that keeping your phone in your front pocket when you sit down or bend over causes stress on the phone such that it breaks,  i'm still uncertain. I have always kept all my phones in my front pocket and have never had any of them break until this phone [Note 20 ultra] or had an issue with the phone breaking simply because it's in my pocket.

0 Likes