Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Camera Folder in SD Card Disappeared

(Topic created on: 06-10-2020 08:03 AM)
blueberryhue
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I have a week old Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5g. I had the Samsung Smart Switch to transfer all internal files and used my existing SD card back to save all images in the "Camera Folder". Suddenly, now the whole camera folder is gone. Other images folders in my SD card are still intact. I have checked the camera settings and it is set to save in SD card. I don't have back up in Samsung Cloud for my SD card files since there are still a huge space in my card. There is no recent activities or deleted items in the "Trash" folder both in gallery and in SD card. I run device care and it didn't shows any issues. I rebooted my phone, eject and then re-insert the SD Card but to no avail. There is no .nomedia file as well in case it is hiding the media files.

Does anyone knows how to recover all the lost images in the "Camera folder"? I got a thousand plus photos of family memories, events and travels and it pains me to just have lost it. I really need help on this. =(

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JerryS
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Hi, have you checked the recycle bin from within the gallery app by clicking on the three dots menu?
0 Likes
CrazyFruits
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Have you tried the SD card in another device/laptop to check if the folder is there before you get too distressed. I lost stuff on one once, as good as they are there a gamble relying on them too much for my liking.
0 Likes
blueberryhue
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi JerryS, yup I tried checking the recycle bin from the gallery app and the recycle bin in the SD card. No recent deleted items within the past 15 days.

0 Likes
blueberryhue
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hello CrazyFruits, I also tried but the "Camera Folder" which is the auto saved folder for camera photos is the only missing folder in SD card. The rest of my files or renamed folders with other images are intact. =(

0 Likes