Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy note 20 ultra 5g - poor battery life for a new phone

(Topic created on: 29-08-2020 08:34 PM)
Robcouk
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi I've procured the note 20 ultra.. everything has been as expected bar the battery life,  mines running around 8 hrs of normal usage..   this is less than my previous 2 year old note 10+.  

This is a concern that the phone battery will deteriorate over time.  

From my previous experience with phone is that when new they normaly last 1.5 days, and when a few years old they reduce but can still almost hold a days charge.  If this is correct it doesn't look good for the future 

12 REPLIES 12
Adrian_Kilgour
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
If high performance mode is on turn that off as that will drain the battery, also video enhancement will. Also consider turning on medium power saving mode. In Settings go to Device Care > Battery > Battery Usage and this will show you what app is using the most of your battery. Consider removing or using that app less. Some apps have a built in power saving mode so check the settings for that app. Hope this helps 🙏
0 Likes
Andyo577
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I have the same issue with my galaxy note 20 ultra, the only thing that seems to help is to turn off all the bells and whistles but saying that isn't that why we get the note 20 ultra??
I am now starting to regret my decision of upgrading now.
Plivsey69
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Same here very poor battery life
0 Likes
markad1
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
poor battery life here too
0 Likes
schizoboy
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
yeah me too but I think samsung will do the update to tweak the battery performance. let's hope for the best. If in case it doesn't I still have 28days to return this beast.
0 Likes
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
send them back get a refund and if they fix it buy it then again
0 Likes
mrbtheone
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Have any of you run the AccuBattery app to determine battery health and see what is draining? Our design capacity is 4,500 mAh, AccuBattery is raising is at 4,100mAh. I know the app isn't 100% accurate, but this is less performance than my 2 year old note 9. Thoughts?Note 20 Ultra Battery Health.jpg

0 Likes
azndaemon
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

The minimum guaranteed is 4370mAh not 4500mAh

However on accubattery I only get 4200mAh

0 Likes
geordiejude
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series