Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G not showing esim options

(Topic created on: 30-08-2022 10:06 AM)
Krugermj
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I am not seeing the esim option under the sim card manager on my phone.

Anyone else experienced this?

My phone is on Android Ver.12 and One UI ver. 4.1

#Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G

31 REPLIES 31
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
OK, the esim update rolled out to SA some time ago and is certainly supported by Vodacom. You have the correct firmware for Vodacom. From what I've read you need to ask them to set up an esim plan and I guess from there it can be provisioned for your device.
I suggest ringing Vodacom if you want an esim. I also read there are various charges they make so you may want to check those out.
Krugermj
Journeyman
Options

I called them and they only give esims for Apple Watches and Galaxy Watches. They did not understand that I want to use an eSIM on the phone itself. ;-(

Reloaded the firmware with another version from SA. Still no luck. Will now try UK version.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Using different firmware won't make a difference as your carrier has to set up the esim so changing carrier is the only option.
0 Likes
sleehan
First Poster
Options

I am from Saudi Arabia and I have the same issue my phone is Note 20 ultra 5G from Hongkong and it's not appearing the opition of e-sim in my phone setting .I am so so tired about that and I communicated with the samsung no one understand the main problem and finally no soluation at time ??

0 Likes
Doc75
First Poster
Options

Did it work I am planning to get STC eSIM wondering which phone would be better for esim without hassle 

0 Likes
boscolim
First Poster
Options

I just realised that the version I got from Korea (SM-N986N), only comes with 1 sim card 😞
Try searching online for the exact model, under "About Phone". Read the specs.

0 Likes
Abyut Maharjan
First Poster
Options

Same here

0 Likes
wgn
Journeyman
Options

Hi, unfortunately only US and Hong Kong version has no esim option, I have model number from Hong Kong  SM-N9860, I heard US version has been add esim lately with the newest firmware update this month.

I hope next firmware update will be solve otherwise I will buy a new mobile which support esim 

0 Likes
wgn
Journeyman
Options

Hi, unfortunately only US and Hong Kong version has no eSim option, I have model number from Hong Kong SM-N9860, I heard US version has been add eSim lately with the newest firmware update this month.

I hope next firmware update will be solve otherwise I will buy a new mobile which support esim 

0 Likes
Khall24
First Poster
Options

Hi Sleehan, 

Hope you are doing well. Did you solved the problem...

i am also facing the same problem...

If you saw my msg then pls contact me.

0 Likes