Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot I captured these shots.

(Topic created on: 01-04-2021 01:22 PM)
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Sitting in my neighbours tree. Took on my note 20 ultra when I had it. 

7 REPLIES 7
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
That is one beautiful bird Fiona126 and such lovely pictures!.. is it a red kite?.. We have a lot of buzzards where we live and it is wonderful to hear them calling when soaring high in the sky on warm sunny days.. What is the yellow sticker or fabric though on it's right wing with the letter C apparent?.. I cannot figure this out?.. 👍
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
There always flying around my area. But when i notice it sitting in the tree just had to take the pic. I was wondering about the tag myself. I asked my mum and she said it's probably an identity marker. Looks like they have been released into the wild and the tag is to see how well there doing. Not sure though. I have a good few ring necks caught them one day too. Had to zoom right in was about 5 gardens away. Sitting with a magpie. Then a few outside the front of my home on a rainy day.

20200905_070739_439.jpg

20201004_081816_437.jpg

20200905_070741_438.jpg

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Ring necks are becoming native to parts of the UK I believe Fiona26?.. Especially in the South of England but I have never seen one myself on Anglesey in Wales.. My Wife is very superstitious and does not like seeing magpies and will have to give any she sees a little salute and acknowledge the bird or birds correctly or it is bad luck for her apparently. Your pictures are very good and with the zoom capacity of modern phones we can be connected with nature now as never before!.. 👍
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This is amazing @Fiona26 .  Personally not in the habit of sitting in trees but as well  you were 😀

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Lol, yeah should have put the kite was sitting in my neighbours tree.
Henry3585
Explorer
Options
What a photo dont you just love birds of prey that looks like a buzzard we have in the uk
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Love Red Kites, plenty to see in Scotland and Lake District