Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

FB Messenger Video Call No Sound

(Topic created on: 11-12-2021 10:11 PM)
Chipero
Apprentice
Options

I am using the Samsung Note20 Ultra 5G. After the latest update ( Nov 2021 ) security patch, I cannot hear the other party's voice during the FB messenger video call. I uninstall and re-install the app, still no sound. I tried *#0*# and  both my speakers are working. I went into the App to enable everything from camera to microphone to phone to sms to contacts to calendar. Still no sound. The other party can hear me ok but I cannot hear the other party.

How can I remove this version and use the previous version ?

I really need to hear the other party in a video call.

6 REPLIES 6
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
I believe that Facebook
Hasn't been updated to work
On Android 12 and that's why there are issues with it

You could try a reset
If do a reset
((Back up your phone))
0 Likes
Chipero
Apprentice
Options

Urm .. I am not using A12

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
I meant the new samsung update
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Chipero: It sounds like you have all the relevant Permissions in place, therefore please head to Settings > Apps > Messenger > Force Stop > Clear Cache, then restart your Note 20 Ultra. Although it may seem simple, please try pressing the Volume Up button while you're on a video call to ensure that the call volume is at a suitable level. If the issue persists, head to Settings > Apps > Messenger > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Uninstall Updates, to see if this helps. 

Chipero
Apprentice
Options

Settings > Apps > Messenger > Force Stop > Clear Cache, then restart your Note 20 Ultra. I tried this and it worked for the 1st Video call. I hope it will work for all my future video calls.

I say this because I did try to clear cache previously and it worked for the 1st video call. Subsequent video calls , no sound from other party again.

I will monitor my video calls and update again.

0 Likes
Chipero
Apprentice
Options

Yes the above method words for all subsequent video calls. I had 5 x Messenger Video calls and all of them were a success. Thanks so much AndrewL. You are a career saver.

0 Likes