Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Exonys 990 on the Note 20 and Ultra - God help them

(Topic created on: 18/07/20 11:47)
maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

For anyone considering purchasing the Note 20 Do Not Buy it for you are in the Exonys region.

13 REPLIES 13
Pryan12
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I was going to buy until I heard it was still using the old 990 exynos so not gonna bother now
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Thing is most people don't care, I'm not saying the exynos is good in comparison to the sd865 just that most people won't notice a difference between it and the 865. The note 20 will be the only good device with a pen in 2020, and with the fact exynos won't bother many people, I don't think you will be able to convince them not to buy it. 

0 Likes
maverick22
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

There is an article which states what I mentioned earlier which i think my post got deleted. 

https://www.sammobile.com/opinion/samsungs-exynos-990-decision-destroy-galaxy-note-20-sales/

0 Likes
Hikari
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I think that this Exynos vs Snapdragon topic has blown up to the levels that not many anticipated. Even my girlfriend asked me if we are going to upgrade our Galaxies this year because she has seen somewhere online that they are not good. She did not know the details but she knew people are not happy about it. I explained to her what's going on and said "We will find out on the 5th of August". She might stick with her S10e for another year but I will gamble on LG Velvet instead as my Note 10 dies around 7pm (3pm if I play games). The point that I am trying to make is: My girlfriend, person who knows nothing about Exynos, Snapdragon, Amoled, Dex etc. Is aware of the issue at hand and asked me for advice first rather than blindly spending £1000 just because its Samsung. Sure, Note will still sell in millions but I am still betting on massive decline against previous years and high percentage of these "millions" to be Snapdragon powered.

I was really hyped about Note 20 but the news about Exynos 990 changed it drastically.

I am still hoping that 5th of August will be a nice surprise for everyone.

Kind Regards
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@Hikari 

@maverick22 

@Qwerty7 

@Pryan12 

I might be wrong but I don't believe there is any official Samsung Site's that shows the Specs of the Note 20.

Only rumours and Tech Blog sites expressing their ideas on whats going to be with the Note 20 Phones.

I've not seen anything official that Samsung are going to use a current Exynos chipset.

I have seen rumours that they are going to use an updated Exynos Chipset.

Some people did pick up on issues that they were experiencing with the Samsung Galaxy s20 phone's in that battery management appeared not to be as efficient as the Snapdragon chipset, but then some owners in the States said the Exynos chipset handled battery better than the Snapdragon chipset  !, and that it didn't handle the higher refresh rate and some lag was experienced with some games.

I'm in the Uk using the Samsung Note10 + 5G with the Exynos 9825 Chipset and haven't experienced any issues although obviously it does not have the higher refresh rate option that the Note 20 is expected to have.

Will the Samsung Note 20 having the Exynos chipset put me off it , probably not as I've had no issues with all my past and current Samsung phones in the UK, and the Snapdragon simply isn't available in my region and I'm not prepared to import a model as that in itself can bring some problems.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

Pryan12
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I will skip the note 20 if as the same processor as my s20 ultra and wait for the s21 as my battery isn't that great on s20 a known issue with exynos 990
0 Likes
SjorsK
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Let's wait until the official announcement first :winking-face: 

The exynos 990 isn't a bad SoC at all, but it is indeed in some areas worse than the Snapdragon 865, especially in terms of battery life when it's used more (The speed difference is hardly noticeable, throttling due to heat is more of an issue). 

On the other hand, the Exynos is better when it comes to networking on the european market. 

Regardless, let's wait for the official announcement before jumping conclusions :smiling-face: 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

some refreshing soc battles incoming from what i see😏

BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I agree with what's been said earlier in the thread.

For us geeks it can be a deal breaker.

For the general consumer they won't even be bothered what chipset is inside or consider it.

They want to see it last a day , take good photos and be able to call , text and surf on which is what it's all about ! :winking-face:

Oh and play a few games on it when bored.  Lol.

I'm not making any assumptions until I've seen it in action on YouTube and in my local Samsung Experience Store.

The chipset's haven't been announced or confirmed yet by Samsung have they yet !!

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes