Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge Panels / Clipboard - locked clips get deleted if I clear that panel

(Topic created on: 20-06-2021 09:09 PM)
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

Feel free to move this if I'm in the wrong place.  I own a Note 20 Ultra 5G and just started having issues with Edge Panel \ Clipboard.

A few days ago I saw there were duplicate clips in that panel and so I deleted the duplicates.  Later when I went back, everything had been deleted.

Today as I was clearing out unwanted clips, I made sure the ones I wanted to keep were locked.  The icon of a closed lock was displayed when I long pressed the clips in question.   I cleared the Panel and even the locked clips were deleted.

I can easily recreate this.  Is this a known issue?  This behaviour only just started.  My phone is up to date to include all the apps (both in the Galaxy Store and the Google Play Store).

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @davehorne 

It's not happening on my phone.

I use the clipboard extensively and keep a few locked items on there as I use the material often. These have the padlock on them and they remain when I delete the other items off.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I'm fairly certain I have resolved this issue.  

I disabled Edge Panel (from within Settings \ Display) and rebooted the phone.  I then powered off the phone, restarted it, and re-enabled Panel Settings.

So far, so good.  If this 'fix' doesn't stick to the hard drive, I'll report back.  

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I responded too soon, there is an issue.

I went into the Clipboard Panel and I now have duplicates of every saved clip.

I unlocked one of the duplicates and deleted it.  The locked copy remained, so that's a good sign. 

I'm open to any thoughts anyone might have. 

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

In my previous post I mentioned that there were duplicate clips and that I deleted the duplicates.

I looked today and the Clipboard Panel was empty. 

Until this is resolved, I won't be deleting any duplicates. 

WTF is going on? 

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

An update.  A few minutes ago I only had one item in my Clip Panel and that item was locked.

I just now made a screenshot of another item on my phone.  That new screenshot was saved to my Clip Panel.

I look in my Clip Panel and now see four items.  My original clipped item which was locked now shows two locked items and that new screenshot is now duplicated. 

For some reason my Clip Panel likes to duplicate items. 

Am I the only one? 

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes