Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

edge lighting doesn't work

(Topic created on: 14/10/20 00:03)
quizzer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I have tried absolutely everything to make this work.
First it only worked with WhatsApp, then I got it to work with Gmail.  Wanted it to work for Outlook and there came the problem.
I applied the same logic as I applied to Gmail to make it work, and no luck.
Then after looking online I saw a demo of 'edge lighting fix for all apps'. This made outlook work, but now everything else has stopped working.  I'm going round and round in circles.  I have just had this phone and am seriously considering sending it back as I'm still within my 14 day cooling off period.
It should just work, its your flagship handset.  I've had so much hassle setting this handset up. Also, the handset doesn't even have a simple app lock. How disappointing that basic functionality you expect from such a handset, is missing. 

5 REPLIES 5
Npah3
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
In Edge Lighting what settings are selected?
0 Likes
quizzer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Settings are as follows:
- edge lighting on
- lighting style (eclipse style selected)
- lighting apps (4 chosen apps selected)
- show edge lighting ('Always' selected).

therefore I would simply expect to have the edge lighting to kick in to action when I receive a notification from any of the 4 selected apps. I have removed the 3rd party app. (edge lighting for all apps), as the phone was getting very confused. flashing up all sorts of random notifications.
so I removed it and reverted back to pre-installed software. edge lighting works for some apps now and not others. specifically outlook, as I have it on silent (but silent selected as an 'alert' if that makes sense). as this is the same as the setting I have for Gmail and I'm getting edge light notification for that.
hope you can offer a solution. I like 'see' but not 'heart when I receive an Outlook email for various work related reasons.
0 Likes
Npah3
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
0 Likes
quizzer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
done all that already. I know it says may not work with 3rd party apps. but its outlook. I mean c'mon this is 2020 and its samsung. I expected better. why put half baked functionality on a flagship handset.
I feel a bit cheated at the moment as I did have a huawei and moved to samsung expecting it to work better than my previous handset. But at the moment in terms of basic functionality, the huawei was better. Sorry, just being honest and factual. I mean do these companies give these to real people in the real world to road test. They really want to try it!! Instead of putting handsets with frustrating bugs on the market.
TasosVas
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Have you find a solution with the edge lighithing. I have a similar issue with my note 20

0 Likes