Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual sim always on greyed out

(Topic created on: 24-06-2021 09:51 AM)
Rautek1966
Apprentice
Options

Recently the option Dual Sim always on is greyed out on my phone .. worked perfectly until a few months ago .. tried changing the sim cards (both new) but no success...

Making calls on both Sims works without any problem.. but when I am calling with one card I'm not reachable on the other... 

Any advice??

• Greetz JohnScreenshot_20210623-183552_Call settings.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,

Check if the SIM cards
are properly place
and instert it into your device again

might want to restart your device 

And see it helps
0 Likes
Rautek1966
Apprentice
Options

Tried that but no success....😔

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Worst case scenario... if everything has been thought of... back up all your data and hard reset the device. Make sure you're on the latest firmware too before doing that, a software update may refresh the phone... interesting to see if a hard reset fixes it. Extreme action but it's a option.
0 Likes
Rautek1966
Apprentice
Options

Thnx Mitzzzz

But already tried that and no solution either... 😞

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Rautek1966: Can you try heading to Settings > Connections > SIM Card Manager > Preferred SIM Card, and set Calls to 'Ask Always'. Now, head to More SIM Card Settings and check to see if Dual SIM Always On is available for selection. If you already had your Calls set to 'Ask Always', try assigning a preferred SIM to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
DanBS
First Poster
Options

none of these also worked for me.

Galaxy S21+ 5G, UI 4.1, Android 12, Model SM-G996B/DS.

Both E-Sims are working properly, call forwarding on both E-Sims created but no chance as the Dual SIM always on option is always grayed out.

Does that model by default that not support this feature or does the carrier block that?

Daniel 

0 Likes
bobr666
Apprentice
Options

Did you solve this, I have

the same problem.

Bonedatt
First Poster
Options

US carriers don't want you switching services and Samsung seems to be their OEM of choice for this anti consumer shenanigans. Why else would they design their dual sim (eSIM and physical SIM) this way? I don't know of other carriers, but my carrier, T-Mobile US , blocks this functionality . T-Mobile (with Samsung's help) only allows the Dual SIM always on option to work if you're going to use two different lines on the same carrier network. You can have one personal line on a T-Mobile physical SIM card, and another additional T-Mobile line (say business line) on the eSIM in your Samsung Galaxy. Only then will that dual SIM always on option light up. Unlike Google and Apple that also support eSIM profiles on their devices with no such restrictions from carriers, Samsung agreed to this stupid restriction. 

0 Likes
bobr666
Apprentice
Options

I found out that the ESim works only if the physical sim is in the Sim1 slot. I spent more than an hour on a text chat with Samsung 'tech suppport' - who did not know this and actually sent me advice that was simply copy and pasted from answers on the web. Useless.

0 Likes