Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointment in what I call a premium brand

(Topic created on: 16-11-2021 07:44 PM)
MrMcGinty
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I have spent a lot of time in the shadows on the community, taking in posts gaining knowledge and getting an understanding for certain products.

To be clear I am a fan of Samsung I have enjoyed many different products over the years and always been satisfied with the quality and performance from the TV's all the way to the washing machines.

Sadly over the past 16 months that has been somewhat tarnished by the Note20 Ultra 5G.

I won't cover the same threads over and over which are in abundance regarding the device but I have very much encountered the same problems as many others with a few extra's thrown in.

The most damning post for me was Jerryrigs comparison video with both "note20" devices side by side, one is clearly better than the other yet both wear the Note20 badge and I find that incredibly disappointing from a company like Samsung. Only one of the devices deserves to wear that Note20 badge the other should be a Note20 lite, if you think I am being unfair read through the posts and take note of some of the advice to enhance battery life and improve performance its not what is expected from a flagship especially which is over the £1100 GBP mark.

My time is nearly up with it  and a replacement device is due the end of the month, some may enjoy upgrading phones and changing devices those times for me have passed and all I want is reliability and quality something which in this instance has missed the mark and in fact the target completely.

I take solace in the fact I am not the only one and its not a "dud" its just sad that I label this as one of the biggest waste of money purchases I have made.

B

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
The S21 Ultra isn't much better I'm afraid.......

Nor is Samsung Customer Services
0 Likes
MrMcGinty
Journeyman
Options
Oh really,

I was led to believe it was far superior and the better choice
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Sadly not from mine or others experiences....

Mobile network connectivity is particularly poor. Lots of quality issues and delays in deliveries.

Samsung Customer Services really do not care either.
0 Likes
MrMcGinty
Journeyman
Options
I'm glad I didn't succumb and order that as the replacement, I left the Samsung brand for the first time in a long time.

As for customer services they were very polite but ultimately they wanted me to back up the phone and send it to them I declined given the estimated waiting times and potential charges for what is an immaculate phone.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Totally appreciate your viewpoint on this @MrMcGinty 

The Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G is a powerful device.

However I'm sure you may have come across a couple of my posts where I ended up importing the SnapDragon soc version of the Note 20 Ultra 5G.

The Exynos soc has been greatly improved recently so it'll be interesting to see how it performs, however I must admit I now look at what soc is in the phone and sway towards the Qualcomm SnapDragon version, as my own personal decision making choice.

My son has the Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra with Exynos soc and he's had no issues whatsoever.

My partner and daughter have the Samsung Galaxy s20 phone's again with the Exynos soc in and have had no issues.

Maybe it's sometimes down to how we set our phone's up and what apps we use and how we use the phone !

I wish you all the best with your next new phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
MrMcGinty
Journeyman
Options
Hi,

I agree fully with the last point but it is also this which highlights the flaws the most.

Going from the older note and a huawei p30 Pro while waiting for this device to arrive.

My applications and usage type hasn't changed I play the same games and watch/use the same apps.

The difference in performance and battery is not only noticeable its very apparent.

To me it's clear and I think my point is valid you cannot sell a device with two different chipsets in which one is inferior and badge them as the same product.

Thank you as well I hope too I have a better experience as I am too grumpy to be changing phones constantly anymore 😅 makes me wonder how I did it so much in teenage years.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No worries @MrMcGinty 

I passed my Samsung Note 20 Ultra to my son and purchased the Samsung Fold³ which so far is awesome. 

Can't lie though the rumours about the next Samsung phone i.e Samsung Galaxy s22 looks tempting , but I love the form factor of the Samsung Fold³ and it's inner display.

0 Likes
MrMcGinty
Journeyman
Options
I am yet to see one in the flesh but they do look superb.

I can imagine pulling that out on the train will generate a few looks!
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I've had a few people ask me while I'm commuting to show them the Fold³

I was paying for my lunch recently using Google Pay , and the employee saw my phone and asked to see it un folded. 

0 Likes