Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Dim Colourless Screen

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 12:39 PM)
3859 Views
AMRKHN
Pioneer
Options
So after 2 days of a conversation with the Samsung Twitter Team they finally admit this is a software problem.

The only way right now to make my note 20 ultra look vibrant and bright, is to make the brightness 100%. My previous phone s8+ display compared to the note 20 ultra looks miles better! 

I have no idea how long it will take samsung to develop an update which will fix this display issue as it took them almost 1 year to pull out the 3.0 UI update. 

I purchased this phone at start of November and paid a ton load for it and I'm very very disappointed. 
57 REPLIES 57
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AMRKHN 

 

20201229_170411.jpg

 

 


Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AMRKHN
Pioneer
Options
That is what it should look like. The white is milk white not grey. I only get that result when my brightness is max out.

edit looking at that from my pc as I wouldn't notice the diffrence if I saw it on my phone XD
Diorty8
Explorer
Options
I'll wait till after New year and see how this lockdown pans out then maybe go to a samsung store and show them in person and see what answer they give. I agree with you this phone is absolutely stunning in every other aspect.

Even on full brightness the contrast of the screen is just way off. 😞 Hopefully we get a fix through an update soon. We can adjust colour and brightness and contrast on the samsung tvs surely we can be given an option on the phones for these settings too!!
0 Likes
AMRKHN
Pioneer
Options
Another thing to mention is when I open up youtube the screen is absolutely perfect but as soon as I close youtube the brightness is back to its dull self.
0 Likes
AMRKHN
Pioneer
Options
I will do the same. I really hope someone from Samsung is looking at these messages.
0 Likes
Diorty8
Explorer
Options
yeah I've noticed that too. Sometimes when you drag up from the middle and get the recent apps sometimes the screen goes brighter.
0 Likes
Diorty8
Explorer
Options
After more testing here is an example of what the note 20 ultra (left) looks next to my old oneplus 7 pro. Both full brightness. note 20 ultra is on vivid settings and tried to match the oneplus's natural setting to get the same colour. But even then the shadows on the note 20 ultra is too subtle. Also the note is showing a light green cast on the image. I'm in two minds whether to return the phone or wait and hope they fix it in an update.

20201229_205122_1332.jpg

0 Likes
AMRKHN
Pioneer
Options
where did you get that image from I would like to test on my phone. it does look a little washed out but nothing too serious.
0 Likes
AMRKHN
Pioneer
Options
Try these settings they help like 10% but the other 90% you need to endure.

Screenshot_20201229-221418_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20201229-221426_Settings.jpg

Diorty8
Explorer
Options
thank you I'll give that a shot. but the link I just googled it on samsung browser.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vulture.com/amp/2020/10/jennifer-lawrence-republican.html

I'm beginning to think it's a decoder issue for when it displays pictures. because all other parts of the os the colours seem fine. Even Instagram black and white pictures are terrible when I compare to old phone.
0 Likes