Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialing emergency services

(Topic created on: 30-11-2022 07:46 AM)
Tristan2021
Student
Options
Hi can someone help me. Since the last update (maybe a coincidence)  my phone keeps dialing the emergency service whilst being in my pocket with lock screen enabled. Really need help on this... Its rather embarrassing when they call back and say I've called them four times! Any advice would be much appreciated 
4 REPLIES 4
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Tristan2021. I appreciate that pocket dialling can be very inconvenient - especially as it's been the same recipient on each occasion. I have to confess...I've been in that situation, too. 🙈 Fortunately, there are some great features you can utilise on your phone.

Have you checked to see whether Accidental touch protection is enabled on your Note20 Ultra?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-prevent-accidental-touches-on-your-galaxy-s...

I recommend toggling this feature on. The following guide from our friends at Samsung Singapore also contains some additional tips that should prove very useful in this instance:

https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-devices/how-to-prevent-pocket-dialing-on-samsung-mobile-de...

Please let me know whether this helps. 

derekcfoley
First Poster
Options

I have this same problem. And yes I have tried all these settings. The issue is caused by the emergency call button on the pin entry screen... we need an option to remove it. Otherwise I will pass on the fine I will end up getting from the Police here in the UK to Samsung to pay because of this crazy fearure. I have already received a text warning about it and twice apologised when they have phoned me afterwards being concerned I was being abducted or something. It did it today in my pocket... AGAIN

0 Likes
derekcfoley
First Poster
Options

It's happened again to me this morning... another stupid call to 999 because of that on screen button on the pin page

0 Likes
Members_Nreq3oB
First Poster
Options

Hi Tristan

My Samsung A34 5G phoned the emergency service whilst being in my pocket  14 times in two weeks, Samsung was about as much help as a chocolate frying pan. I had only just had the phone as I was due a up grade, Samsung remotely played with the settings and said ii would not happen again, well Samsung are full of *****, shortly after it phoned the emergency a further 4 time.

I referred my issue back to EE who sent me a replacement Samsung A34 5G phone in case it was fault with the phone and blow me down with a feather, it made a further 6 more calls.

I eventually returned it back and now i have a Google Pixel which has the same facility but you can enable it or disable it. Samsung don't seem to be able to sort this ridiculous and worrying issue, it can be uninstalled and their solution doesn't work I'm afraid, even if you set the emergency number to 0 it still dials the emergency services. its not actually dialling them from the app, some how it open up the phone dialler in your pocket  and then dials connects on the emergency button on the bottom of the dialler.   

one Samsung  feature that lost a customer. it boils down to programming bug that they cant figure out.

i feel your pain

0 Likes