Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Dex not working with Note 20 Ultra and Q80T TV

(Topic created on: 07/03/21 23:18)
m4l490n
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I'm having problems with Dex by using my Note 20 Ultra and trying to connect to a Q80T (2020) TV. Both are on the 5GHz wifi network and as you can see from the model names both are new (from 2020).

I go into the "Dex on TV or monitor" on my note 20 and it can see the TV ([TV] Samsung Q80T). When I select the TV I click on the "Start now" message that appears on the phone screen and it says "Connecting..." but never connects.

I have also noticed that the TV is not asking me about accepting connection from the phone.

What is going on?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
pete007
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
dex works by WiFi.... make sure that your TV and phone are both using the same WiFi. so if your TV is using netgear01 you have make sure your phone is also using netgear01
2 different WiFi signals will mean no dex
0 Likes
m4l490n
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Thanks for helping!

Both are on the same 5.0GHz wifi. I did another test and tried to start a Dex session with a S10+ and it started successfully. Nevertheless, the response was very sluggish and eventually it disconnected after about 20 seconds and I wasn't able to make it connect again.

After trying with the S10+ I tried again with the Note 20 Ultra and it connected successfully. I was able to open the app tray but then it also disconnected and I haven't been able to make it connect again.

It seems like the feature is very buggy. I don't think is the TV. It's a $3,500 TV less than a year old so it shall support the feature, doesn't it?

Also I have all my other devices on ethernet. The only devices on the 5.0GHz wifi are the two phones and the TV so bandwidth is not the problem.

0 Likes