Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Dead Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 20/10/20 15:36)
JBWilson
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

My Note20Ultra has just died and I don’t mean it requires a charge.   Picked it up this  morning to go out the door, it was roasting. Unplugged it to find it dead, won’t turn on at all.. took it out of its case the back shows heat damage.. Gutted. Seriously what the heck!!! It even smells awful..

I contacted Samsung straight away, as I’ve had it for 6 weeks it’s got to go back to them for inspection! Anybody have their one do this so far?
ps.. original charger, cable. Charged from around 20%

I’m using an Apple 6, OMG awful.. Even after this I will be glad to see my Note20 back..

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Maroš
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
did u charged it with 5g turned on? that could be issue
0 Likes
JBWilson
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I’m not sure and no way to check as it currently looks like the monolith from 2001 a space odyssey! If it was or was not how bad would that be that you have to turn 5G off when you want to charge.  I had been in touch with Samsung previously they said to report back after 2 weeks which took it from 4 to 6 weeks.. outside of return period.. Mind you I would rather the phone sorted as I love it.. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Did you purchase it direct from Samsung @JBWilson  ? They'll sort you out I'm sure.

They may want the phone back first to test to ensure its not had an accidental bump or water damage. I'm not in any way suggesting it has however they'll want to inspect it never the less.

I had the Exynos version which I returned and that was fine.

I now have the Snapdragon version and ' touch wood ' that's fine too.

Leaving the 5G connection On in Settings and Connections shouldn't have caused any issues.

Please do let us know how you get on.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

Maroš
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I heard that 5g on with charging could cost issue so part of update is fixing the battery and launch 5g, maybe iam wrong, dont know
0 Likes