Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused.com due to IMEI

(Topic created on: 15-09-2022 07:32 AM)
Bigbro69
Explorer
Options
Hi all. I have a Samsung Note 20 N980F but when I put the IMEI in to an IMEI online checker it comes back as a Note 20 Ultra 5G?

Can anyone advise why that would be?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TactfulGlove
Explorer
Options
Might be a fake phone. Plenty around. Otherwise id register it on samsungs website and see if its authentic. Or finally call their customer services and get them to confirm.
Bigbro69
Explorer
Options
No defo not fake. Registered and confirmed with Samsung
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Your phone IMEi is in settings part of the device which notes what your is. Are you certain the online checker is a good tool and is reliable 🤔
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

What does this imei checker say @Bigbro69 

https://www.imei.info/ 

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can clarify in-house. 

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Bigbro69
Explorer
Options
That is the site I used. I am confident I have just the Note 20.
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
IMEI numbers are generally issued in bulk after the Allocating body approves the specific type and are often high level generic due to the differing variants of a model available.
The first 8 digits of the IMEI are the device Type Allocation Code (TAC) so these will signify it's a mobile telecoms device (35) then followed by 6 digits which resolve back to manufacturer and model detail as given on the approval. So searching your IMEI may bring back 'Note 20 Ultra 5G' as this is what the device type approval name is but there may be several model variants under this type and model numbers (ie. 256, 512, 1024gb).