Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat instead of text messaging

(Topic created on: 27-07-2021 06:06 PM)
EdsterOB
Journeyman
Options
Can anyone help? I've noticed that some of my text messages are being sent as chat and therefore are only delivered if the other person has data. The settings seem to have changed since sending an image via text message. How do I change the messages back to regular green texts instead of blue chat??
15 REPLIES 15
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
In the message app - tap the 3 dots at top left -tap settings - chat settings - select default message type - select " text or multimedia " and I think that will sort it
Might also need to turn off Rich Communication Settings - is on same settings page as the " select default message type "
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
They will only get sent as chat messages to people with chat turned on. You will lose the ability to send large files if you turn this off.
amyan
Explorer
Options
What have you tried doing? I can't think off anything thank you😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
EdsterOB
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the advice. When I go to the settings via 3 dots I can switch the chat off and then send the text but it reverts back to the chat being on again each time.
EdsterOB
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the info. I'll remember to send images another way like WhatsApp in future.
0 Likes
EdsterOB
Journeyman
Options
Thank you! I found the rich communication settings and turned off now so hopefully all sorted 👍😃
EdsterOB
Journeyman
Options
Mostly cursing it 🤬😅
East Boroko675
Apprentice
Options

l am using Samsung phones to send ing messages and information to other friends and family's and to business information in management planning operations systems in management the organisation.

0 Likes
East Boroko675
Apprentice
Options

you can used Samsung network systems to send your information or messages Manager or CEO

0 Likes