Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain apps no longer open

(Topic created on: 20-08-2022 03:09 PM)
Bashymerlin
Student
Options
Hi folks, apps like Facebook, DJI Go 4, DJI Fly and Weather Pro no longer work. Interestingly though, if I clear the cache and data on fb and use a different account it works just fine, I try again with the main account and it just opens then closes straight away. But my main account is fine, I can use FB in a browser or FB LITE so it's not the account.

Od you think it's possible it could be my email as I use that for all of the accounts for the apps above, but my email logins into many other accounts just fine, this is a very strange issue, it just started yesterday morning, I've tried all the usual changes, uninstall etc, delete data/cache,ive even reset the phone to factory. 

The only thing that's changed is the phone did an update the evening before I think it was.

Please help, these apps are used daily and many times a day for some 😞
3 REPLIES 3
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Bashymerlin. It sounds like these apps are not working correctly after the recent software update on your Note20 Ultra. Perhaps there is a compatibility issue, and they might need to be updated.

Have you checked the Google Play Store and Galaxy Store to see whether there are any app updates available? If not, please have a look at the app stores and update all of your apps.

Additionally, the guide that is provided on the following thread is likely to prove useful, as doing a Wipe cache partition is a very worthwhile step after doing a software update:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note10-series/wipe-cache-partition/td-p/4780488

I trust that this will help, so please let me know how you get on. 👍

Bashymerlin
Student
Options
Hi, thanks for the reply, yes, I'd already done the app updates check, I've just done the cache partition wipe and it fixed the Weather Pro app but not the other 3, so annoying, who can live without fb nowadays lol and I need the other 2 apps for my drones 😞 but thank you for getting one of them working :smiling-face:
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Ah, you're 25% of the way there! 🤞 Let's see if I can help you get the other 3 apps loading and working as expected.

I see that you've already done some independent troubleshooting. Have you had a chance to go through the steps in the guide below?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/why-are-some-android-apps-crashing/

I look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Likes